Ford Mustang Forums banner

Let's see some 5.0's w the On3 Turbo Kit and Stock Long Blocks

14K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Cansogo 
#1 ·
I know I've seen a few posts here and there but I can't find any with dyno sheets, numbers or videos.

I built a 331 for 92 hatch installed the On3 kit, set it to 5 psi and got a custom tune. It made 497 rwhp for a few miles and then broke. I am thinking of installing a junkyard stock long block with head studs, 9333 gaskets, an old Typhoon EFI intake and setting it on kill while I wait for Woody to build me a Dart Block stroker.

What will the aforementioned stock long block, On 3 Turbo kit car make?

#2 ·
I'd rather install a Exploder long block but the salvage yards that I've called in PHX want $1,500! NFW! Guess I am stuck with a 87-92 Mustang long block for $400, studs for $100, gaskets $50. Can I make 450-475 rwhp?

#3 ·
There is a local guy by me that has an 86' completely stock from intake to oil pan, on3 kit MP70mm running 9psi. I want to say he made 422rwhp. With an intake and a few more psi im sure you could do it. Heres a couple vids he posted, one on the dyno and one at the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRrFEp5Nry0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdrks9GRkeY

Keep in mind this thing is tuned VERY safe, low timing and alot of fuel.

#8 ·
Just checked out car-parts.com. Wow, awesome resource, found several Explorer long blocks with under 100k miles for less than 800. A few for $500.

What's the most desirable year/years?

#19 · (Edited)
I worked at a ford dealer during the cash for clunkers. All cars that came through were supposed to get that, then they were sent off to be destroyed. You were NOT allowed to take any parts off the vehicle, and they were not to be parted out. The liquid was silica something, basically liquid glass. After you drain the oil and pour it in, it typically took like 15 seconds before the motor locked slam up. It shouldnt turn freely, so if it does, then the engine either didnt have the stuff put in it, or whoever did it was an idiot and didnt put enough in, or didnt run the engine after they put it in. If you are buying from someone who has cash for clunker cars and they are parting them out then like millhouse said, thats a huge legal issue

#28 ·
Once I get some time & post up some pic's of the finished product!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.