Ford Mustang Forums banner

AFR 225 Cylinder Heads

For Sale 
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  johnny_261 
#1 ·
AFR 225 #1451's with Comp 998 springs. Cost around $2400 new.

- Only had 16 passes before the engine blew
- Some minor damage was caused (see pics) that might need to be addressed. There are a few small nicks on the chambers.
- They have upgraded valve springs and titanium retainers

I showed the pics to a machine shop and they told me around $200 - $300 to weld and machine the damage.

Changing set up so getting rid of this and all the valve train.

Looking for $1200 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
bump.

I posted this story on my other thread where I have the rest of the valvetrain and such for sale. Anyways...

I had a guy who was going to buy all of it. Gave me a $400 deposit back in September and was supposed to send the rest of the money within the next 2-3 weeks. Anyways, he never did and kept on giving me reasons why he couldn't pay yet. I phoned him back in Dec and left a VM. Haven't heard from him. Anyways since it's been 4 months since the deposit and he hasn't paid the rest, I think it is fair game to put these back on the market.

I'm not trying to cheat the guy, but I honestly feel that I've given him enough time to make it happen. There were other people interested in the parts at the time, so this has cost me as I could've sold all this stuff long ago. By the way, sorry if you were ones of those interested and I never responded, I was waiting to resolve this...but anyways that didn't happen.

I'm disclosing this in case he shows up here.

PM me if you're interested.

#11 ·
PM replied. There isn't any other damage that I can see or know of, but I would recommend you have a machine shop look over them. My shop said for them to fix the nicks and tear them down and inspect it would be $200-$300. I would recommend that anyone interested in buying them do the same.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.