For Sale Ford 357 Windsor - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Parts for Sale > Windsor Engine Parts

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (16)

Ford 357 Windsor

I have a completely rebuilt 357 motor. It is an 89 351W that is .030 bored and honed, has reconditioned 69 rods with football bolts, internally balanced crank, new rings, bearings, Ford racing windage tray, Melling high volume oil pump, and Ross forged flat top pistons. It also has a new flat tappet cam with lifters and timing set. It is set up for front sump and has a 68 front cover with a new early pass side style water pump. It also comes with a chrome fuel pump and the correct Ford racing neutral balancer. This motor from what I can tell has either never been run or only run to break in on the dyno. The only thing I dont know about it is exactly what cam is in it as far as the lift and duration. I really dont want to pull the front cover and the cam to see if I can get the numbers on it. If I wasn't already building a 302 I would just bolt on my a top end and run it, but my 302 is all setup already.

I am asking $900 or best. I am not able to ship but for the asking price I may be able to meet within a 200 mile radius of NW Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

I am interested in your engine. message me a phone number and i will call to talk about it. How do u know its a fresh rebuild? I am a serious buyer. Thanks.
Tony
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #3

PM sent.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #4

Last night I did a little more digging on this motor. I found out there is still nice creamy break in lube on the cam so it has NOT been fired yet. I also was finally able to see the Ford part number on the actual rods. They are 1976 D6 rods with 1969 C9 caps. They do have the football bolts. I measured the stroke and it came out to 3.50 so it is a stock stroke.
Hope this clears up a few maybes or questions on this thing.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (23)

pistons

any idea on compression and are they for in line valve heads or twisted
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #6

They are for inline valves and all the info on the pistons are here...

Ross Pistons 80555 - Ross Racing Forged Pistons - Overview - SummitRacing.com

All I can say is they come to the top of the deck and may be a tiny bit above but for sure are not below the deck.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #7

I have a guy on another site asking if this rotating assembly is balanced. So I did a little research on balancing and found that they balance the rods by removing material from the big end such as on the caps. I just compared the rods of my other stock rebuilt 357 to this motor and if you look at the caps you can clearly see there are edges ground away on the rectangles of the caps. My other motor has perfect rectangular edges on them. So I would have to say this is a balanced rotating assembly.

Here are a few more pics...

Stock rod in my other 357....

Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #8

Bump for a pretty new bottom end.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #9

TTT Make and offer.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #10

Ok guys I was asked to look into shipping this bad boy but the deal fell through. So now that I have the details, crate, straps, and box I will ship for asking price as long as buyer pays shipping.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #11

TGIF Bump! Shipping is usually $300 or less terminal to terminal.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #12

SOLD locally!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement