Ford Mustang Forums banner

Need help with billet speacialties wheels and sn95 brakes

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Wicked03GT 
#1 ·
I swapped the brakes on my 90 gt to a setup off a 94 v6 car. I'm having to run 1/2" spacer to clear the calipers with 15x3.5" street lites. Is that normal.

#2 ·
Which ones?

And yes, most likely. I also have Billet Specialties. Street Lites. They have minimal caliper clearance. I have the numbers wrote down someplace on them actually.

Not an apples to apples comparison, but I had to run a hub-centirc 5mm spacer with mine, to clear my Cobra brakes. Still super close, too. But it works.

At the end of the day, it's just math. B.S. with give you the caliper clearance of whatever wheel you have. You can look up caliper depth of your brakes, and figure out what you need to do. That's all I did.

#4 ·
Street Lites only have 5/8" caliper clearance. So yup, sounds normal.

The 17x4.5 give you extra, as they were designed for big brakes and big calipers.

I have a friend that ran SVO fronts with 15x3.5 up front. I'm 99% certain he used a spacer on his as well.

#7 ·
Just run the spacer, that's what everyone has to do. The wheel doesn't have enough caliper clearance cut into it to clear the brakes unless you want to buy the $600 each 17x4.5" wheels with the 2" caliper clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.