What stall speed you guys running on your street/strip cars? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By 1hcam
  • 1 Post By TomR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
What stall speed you guys running on your street/strip cars?

I have stock 91' LX. Yesterday, I just installed a built MVB w/TB AOD with a 3K convertor. I was recommended this convertor buy the trans builder, but it seems a bit loose for me. Seems when I am cruising around there is a bit of a slipping feeling. It stalls right at 3k through the trans brake. The car seems slower than it did before the trans install.

All this being said, I've never had any experience with any stall convertors other than stock ones so this may be completely normal. I have a 67mm BB/.96 On3 kit going on this as soon as the hotside comes back from the local coater. Which is what the trans was spec'd for.

I was curious to what stall speed you guys were running with a 302/306 On3 kits. My car has the stock 3.27 gears.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2017, 09:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (8)
I don't like the loose feeling of stall converters for daily drivers so mine is a 2800. For best performance a 3200-3500 would be better but that may be too loose for my taste.

ks

Kevin Slaby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

79 Pace Car
302, 200hp N2O, Tremec, 9" w/ 4.11's
11.10 @ 122mph
60': 1.47 Stock Factory Control arms.

87 GN
12.05 @ 111, 1.60 60', 15psi launch

Goal: To grow up and be Spiderman
post #3 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 08:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (14)
Garage
I am running and Aod I am running and Aod-e with the 4200 stall but have the ability to lock up mine electronically it stall to 4800 on the t/b at 14#

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Put the turbo on it and run it for a while. Report back to your trans guy and have him make changes to the converter as needed. Your converter is going to act completely different when you put the power to it. Asking about stall speeds of others cars are kind of a waste due to the amount of varibles.
Radrick50, black88coupe and TomR like this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Good to know. I was actually kind of disappointed in that I thought it would make the car feel faster. Like you said, I think I will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hcam View Post
Put the turbo on it and run it for a while. Report back to your trans guy and have him make changes to the converter as needed. Your converter is going to act completely different when you put the power to it. Asking about stall speeds of others cars are kind of a waste due to the amount of varibles.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Garage
Stall also changes with torque. I have a 6400 stall converter when at 25 psi boost. It barely slips going down the road and even chirps the tires when I pull the trans in gear at idle.

Drive **your** car a little and see how your set up behaves, then make adjustments. As someone pointed out, what others do is meaningless in your combo.
Radrick50 likes this.

89 LX. 363, single turbo S482 FMW, Super Vic EFI, Fox Lake Stage III heads, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement