Best exhaust for turbo mustang - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Power Adder Forums > Turbochargers

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (1)

Best exhaust for turbo mustang

Whats the best mufflers for a single turbo mustang 5.0? Bullitts, Dyno max utrla flow, or magnaflow?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (23)

I've ran a 3.5'' bullet for a few months now, and it sounds like a old log truck to me, so I have a dynomax 3.5 oval and it sounds awesome.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (6)

mac flowpath or dynomax ultra flow
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #4

So the dynomax ultra flow sounds the best? Do any body have magnaflow on a turbo fox?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #5

Trader Feedback: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy15 View Post
mac flowpath
Aren't those chambered mufflers?
1989 5.0 T5 LX Hatch - Explorer Short Block with an FMS F-303 cam, TFS TW170 heads, Tmoss Ported Cobra Intake, an On3 Turbo Kit with a 67mm Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo, and backed by a T56 Magnum 6spd.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Formerly eades5.0

Trader Feedback: (20)

I run the magnaflow and like them.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #7

Do you have a sound clip of your car with the magnaflow?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (0)

I'm in the same boat as you bud I still don't know what to run. I would really like a deep sound but a awesome flowing muffler with a catback for a gt mustang
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTICSVT View Post
Aren't those chambered mufflers?
i made more power on them then i did with my ultra flows was around 8 rwhp nothing changed to the car... same day swap within an hour

no they are NOT a chambered muffler

Last edited by chevyguy15; 03-13-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #10

Trader Feedback: (44)

MAC Flowpaths are technically chambered mufflers, however, they are a very different design than the typical chambered Flowmaster design. They have been proven to make good power in turbocharged applications, believe it or not.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #11

Do anybody have a sound clip of a turbo fox with dynomax ultra flow or magnaflow?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #12

Quote:
i made more power on them then i did with my ultra flows was around 8 rwhp nothing changed to the car... same day swap within an hour

no they are NOT a chambered muffler
Just to confirm. That was/is on a turbo car? How much power was/is that car making?

I definitely like the idea of staying with a chambered muffler on my car. I prefer the sound. But I don't want to sacrifice power and spool time if I don't have to.
1989 5.0 T5 LX Hatch - Explorer Short Block with an FMS F-303 cam, TFS TW170 heads, Tmoss Ported Cobra Intake, an On3 Turbo Kit with a 67mm Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo, and backed by a T56 Magnum 6spd.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTICSVT View Post
Just to confirm. That was/is on a turbo car? How much power was/is that car making?

I definitely like the idea of staying with a chambered muffler on my car. I prefer the sound. But I don't want to sacrifice power and spool time if I don't have to.
was a 347 stroker with twin turbos. car was 637 rwhp to 800 rwhp depending on boost with 2.5" exhaust. now the car is a single 80mm turbo

right off of there site

"MAC guarantees Flow Path mufflers to outflow Dynomax #17734 or Flowmaster #42553!! Back pressure robs your car of power and economy. Reduced back pressure will cause immediate gains in both power and economy. If you modify your engine, for every 8-10% in power increase you will gain 30% more back pressure, which virtually chokes the motor. So any modification at the engine makes a free flowing exhaust and muffler system mandatory! There are three basic factors in noise control: Restriction, Absorbtion, and Reflection. Reflection, which is the most effective for power increase, is done with baffles and reflector plates with nothing to burn out. MAC Flow Path mufflers use reflection for maximum flow while still maintaining noise control. Instead of a single flow path, MAC Flow Path mufflers use two flow paths for twice the flow and reflection area, while remaining a true anti-reversion muffler. This is what makes Flow Path mufflers the Best Choice!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #14

Do you have a sound clip of the MAC flow path mufflers on a turbo fox?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboman 90 View Post
Do you have a sound clip of the MAC flow path mufflers on a turbo fox?
youtube is your friend.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:15 PM   #16

Trader Feedback: (7)

Go to streetfire.net and search for jturmanator. Should be some vids on there of my Magnaflows. Combo below.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #17

Trader Feedback: (16)

I think there needs to be two stickies at the top of the page...one for turbo pushrod exhaust and another for turbo modular exhaust...and the only people that can post are ones with links to vids of their setup with their exhaust....it would cut down the time spent in researching different youtube videos and begging for what exhaust they have by about 90%...not trying to start anything just think it would be nice as I too am in the same boat as the OP
Old 03-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #18

Trader Feedback: (0)

What about magnapacks?? I have maganflows but the packs sound good too. Can't find a clip on a turbo pushrod tho
Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #19

Trader Feedback: (76)

Garage
Quote:

"MAC guarantees Flow Path mufflers to outflow Dynomax #17734 or Flowmaster #42553!!!
I like Flowpath's as well, although i have no experience with them in turbo apps.

But to make it clear, the Dynomax they are quoting there is the Turbo type muffler, not an Ultra-Flo.

And Dynomax muffs are heavier than Magnaflows but the Magnaflows, in an offset/offset application, like stock Mustang, have a problem in the inner tube.

Magnaflow:

Dynomax UltraFlo

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #20

Trader Feedback: (7)

I don't recall my Magnaflows looking like that. I guess you mean they look like that in offset apps. Mine are for a 92 lx what ever that is.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #21

Just talked to the shop that does all my exhaust work he said YUP flows gotta go...LOL...Going to go with a set of magnaflows....
87 GT Vert.On3 turbo making 14 psi,Trickflow TW 170cc heads,TF street heat intake,70mm TB,stock cam,1.6 roller rockers,Snow performance stage 2 meth kit,42# injectors,340 lph fuel pump,tunning with Moates QH,AOD,Lentech VB,electric OD 3000 stall.3.55's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement