4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  lonnie1952 
#1 ·
OK guys. Have new 363 Dart cnc 185 TFS heads low compression
I have a new GTK650 turbo (66mm)
This is way to small for this combo.
what do you think about TWIN 66mm. I could just buy another GTK650
when do you feel boost would start ?
I can limit the boost up top ... a little worried about spool time
Anyone ran twin 66mm turbos on a 347 or a 363 ?
Looking for a 6500-6800 rpm. Soon to have my Tmoss Ported Victor 5.0 to match the heads
Thanks ahead of time for the help

#5 ·
Well I just ordered another GTK650

Twin 66mm BB turbos It should run great and spool by 3000-3200 which is fine for my application. .. NOT full boost but Spool by then

And sorry Barns I do believe the heads will support 6500 rpms
They will work just fine and the combo will peak HP at 6400
But everyone is allowed their opinion

I think 800 rwhp will be conservative
The Turbos are a little big for what wanted ...Yet they match the Corral Forums policy....BIGGER is ALWAYS Better :leghump:

I wonder what advantage CERAMIC BB really give ??

#6 ·
Should be a monster... Interested in seeing what number you can get running 185s.
I'm also running 185s but with a T trim SC. I'm pushing around 25psi (maybe more... Just installed an experimental impeller someone made and I'm trying it for them (I'm the guinea pig lol) Haven't got everything together yet, but as soon as I do I'm hoping to put down 800+ through 185's.)

Good luck with it.

#8 ·
Should be a monster... Interested in seeing what number you can get running 185s.
I'm also running 185s but with a T trim SC. I'm pushing around 25psi (maybe more... Just installed an experimental impeller someone made and I'm trying it for them (I'm the guinea pig lol) Haven't got everything together yet, but as soon as I do I'm hoping to put down 800+ through 185's.)
Good luck with it.
I am running CNC tw 185 heads they flow more than the AFRs
If they are not enough I have a set of Ported Z304 ready to go :leghump:
Who knows we will see

#7 ·
New Update
I was getting carried away I think so I called Jegs and cancelled the order and bought Two (2) Turbonetics 62-1 BB turbos. I have no need for more than 1000 HP and the 62-1 are capable of that
I think they will still make 750 HP at the wheels Min and they will spool much faster.
This will be the last change I hope :eek:

#16 ·
Yep, good choice on the 62-1's

If you ever decide to up the cubes into the 400+ ci range all you
would have to do is swap out the hotside housing to a .81 a/r and
those same turbos would work very nice still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.