Fuel pump wiring diagram for 99 Cobra? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > SVT & DOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (7)

Fuel pump wiring diagram for 99 Cobra?

Anyone have one they can post or email? I need to know the color codes of the wires going to the intank fuel pump on a 99 Cobra. I converted to a return system and the brand new intank pump is dead. Only the external pump runs (wired seperatly).

I trusted someone else to wire the pumps and they left a hack job of a wiring mess in the trunk so I can't tell which wires to test to confirm the pump is getting power. Don't want to drop the tank again unless I have to.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

John
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
Formerly known as 302Quest

Trader Feedback: (2)

heres the wiring diagram
~J
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:11 PM   #3

Perfect! Thanks much.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:55 AM   #4
Formerly known as 302Quest

Trader Feedback: (2)

n/p
~J
Old 04-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (0)

John--There are problems getting a proper feedback signal to your computer with a pre-99 constant speed 12 v pump, I think. The 99 and later pumps are pulse width modulated and that is what the FPDM does--takes a digital signal from the computer and adjusts the power to the pump to vary capacity to match the demand.

I don't know how to eliminate the FPDM, go to a constant speed pump, and get a feedback signal back to the computer so you don't get a light. You may have some additional work to do.

What I did was use a eFPC from Zone V Performance and the '03 pump with an Aeromotive mechanical fuel pressure regulator. I lie to the computer about what the fuel pressure is, get the computer to speed up the pump past the set point of the regulator, and, voila, I have a return type fuel system, the computer just doesn't know its being done.

Joe
150 shot is 10.77 at 127.8 mph in very good air. 1.35 60'.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:16 PM   #6

Clever setup Joe. The pump type isn't critical whether's its a PWM or a constant draw type pump. The FPDM controls the pump speed based on EEC feedback. You can use the same pump on either system. To make it constant feed, just bypass the FPDM and wire directly to the pump although a chip can also command the FPDM to do the same thing.

On my car, the FPDM was cut out of the system entierly when I converted to return style (which is sooo headache free's its incredible). I was NOT happy about that but too late now. The Check Engine light due to lack of FPDM was disabled via the chip.

I reeaally don't feel like dropping the tank again so I'm hoping the pinout diagrams let me rule out one more option before I have to do the dirty work.

Thanks,

John

On Edit: Where was the eFPC stuff when I needed it a few years ago! Arrghh!

Last edited by Maynor; 04-20-2003 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement