03/04 svt rotating assembly in teksid block - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > SVT & DOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (19)

03/04 svt rotating assembly in teksid block

I have a complete mint 04 cobra rotating assembly that has 20,000 miles on it. I want to put it in a teksid block that only had 30,000 miles on it. would I be able to put the assembly right in? has anyone heard that the teksid blocks had a slight tapper to the bore and even if using std pistons should be bored straight?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

Get the block honed, new rings, and new bearings, the mains are different for the aluminum block.
Thank you, Procharger, American Racing Headers, UPR(1.25 60 ft), TCI, TA Performance, Fox Lake, Oliver, Ford Racing and Injection Connection.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #3

thanks

I figured that 98 cobra main bearings would work.

I'm mostly concerned about the bore being off. I think I read somewhere that its .002 smaller towards the bottom for some reason. I should be set if I get the block hot tanked and honed.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (33)

Measure the piston diameter and the bore diameter. Determine the piston to wall clearance and go from there.
If you aren't living on the edge, you're takin' up too much space!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
authorized corral.net advertisers

Trader Feedback: (58)

There is no taper present in the teksid block but when measured without a torque plate they can show .005 to .001 taper from top to bottom, this is more apparent in aluminum blocks but you will measure it in all blocks that have been properly machined.

Good luck with your project, let us know how we can help!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR

RANKED TOP TEN MUSTANGS OF 2011 by MM&FF Magazine
Old 02-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (13)

I'm putting it together now, fits fine. ABT did a ll the machine work, everything was good to go.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for the info
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Mustang Racing View Post
There is no taper present in the teksid block but when measured without a torque plate they can show .005 to .001 taper from top to bottom, this is more apparent in aluminum blocks but you will measure it in all blocks that have been properly machined.

Good luck with your project, let us know how we can help!

MMR
1-877-MOD-POWR
Which sounds like it may be the reason ford service procedure on aluminum blocks requires the use of a torque plate when honing....
Old 03-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.8spool View Post
I have a complete mint 04 cobra rotating assembly that has 20,000 miles on it. I want to put it in a teksid block that only had 30,000 miles on it. would I be able to put the assembly right in? has anyone heard that the teksid blocks had a slight tapper to the bore and even if using std pistons should be bored straight?
Yep! There are very specific service routines for the teksid, and they're not the same as usual. I wouldn't even try to measure the bore without a block plate in place. I'm not going to speculate on whether your assembly will go together, but I know if it were me, the absolute first thing I'd do is to run through ford service procedure and see if it passes that at a minimum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement