IMRC deletes for 96-98 cobra engines - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > SVT & DOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (3)

IMRC deletes for 96-98 cobra engines

Hi

have a quick question for you guys, basically I am going to be pulling the 4.6L DOHC out from a 93 Mark 8 and rebuilding it with a forged 96 cobra crank, h beam rods and forged pistons and a 96-98 cobra intake, I would like to delete the IMRC butterflys as i would like to add a pair of T3 turbos to this engine, are the IMRC delete plates I used to see for sale still being made by anyone and how much do they go for? will deleting the IMRC flag a trouble code or do they use a dummy plug or something to fool the computer? I am not sure if the intake Im getting will have the factory cobra IMRC plates or not and I guess from that I have read the Mark 8's IMRC plates arent compatable with the cobra intake for some reason?, one last thing does anyone sell a dual fuel injector rail set up for this type of application? I imagine I would have to get someone to weld in extra injector bungs on the secondary runners

any help would be great

thanks

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NAZTY View Post
Hi have a quick question for you guys, basically I am going to be pulling the 4.6L DOHC out from a 93 Mark 8 and rebuilding it with a forged 96 cobra crank, h beam rods and forged pistons and a 96-98 cobra intake, I would like to delete the IMRC butterflys as i would like to add a pair of T3 turbos to this engine, are the IMRC delete plates I used to see for sale still being made by anyone and how much do they go for? will deleting the IMRC flag a trouble code or do they use a dummy plug or something to fool the computer? I am not sure if the intake Im getting will have the factory cobra IMRC plates or not and I guess from that I have read the Mark 8's IMRC plates arent compatable with the cobra intake for some reason?, one last thing does anyone sell a dual fuel injector rail set up for this type of application? I imagine I would have to get someone to weld in extra injector bungs on the secondary runners
any help would be great thanks Ron
Mark 8 plates are not the same

You will need a tune to shut off the light

Nobody sells a dual injector fuel rail for the stock intake

You can get epoxy deletes for around $75, I sell welded deletes for $100 with core.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #3

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by na svt View Post
Mark 8 plates are not the same

You will need a tune to shut off the light

Nobody sells a dual injector fuel rail for the stock intake

You can get epoxy deletes for around $75, I sell welded deletes for $100 with core.
Hi

how much would you sell your welded deletes without a core, Im assuming you wont want my mark 8 IMRC plates in the first place as a core as they are diffrent than the cobra style I need?

Ron
Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #4

Trader Feedback: (20)

Just to clarify on the mark motor IMRCs-The mark intake has two runners per cyl unlike the cobra so the IMRCs match up to that funny intake. It is too bad in a way because the mark one is metal and the default position is open.
If you delete the IMRCS on a cobra intake but leave the box plugged in and just remove the cables, wouldn't that stop a CEL? I guess you will need a tune anyway so may as well delete the function. Also, there will be different spark tables associated with the opening of the IMRCs in a cobra computer. If you have a GT, this does not apply.
Erich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement