How can you tell if a Vortech A-trim has bad seals? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Power Adder Forums > Superchargers

Gallery Corral Parts Store Videos Advertising Info Blogs Outside the Fence Corral Home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (11)

How can you tell if a Vortech A-trim has bad seals?

Got oil in the pipe leading up to the intake. Do I have a bad seal....? If I do just have a bad seal can I just buy the seals and put them in myself...

What is the MAX rpm on an A-trim.. I heard it was 5800, or is it higher....?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #2

Not sure on age of A-trim
New Combo 360 Dart block, solid roller cam, Vortech YSI, sheetmetal intake
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-16-2005, 10:41 AM   #3

Trader Feedback: (45)

U can buy the seals.Look on the internet for "Tri-state-bearing..As u probably already know the "A" is no longer manuf, is an entry level supercharger & has subsequently been replaced by the "SC" trim. Max engine rpm depends on the size of your crank & supercharger pulley.Generally(stock)the crank is 6.0" & the supercharger is 3.33 unless someone has changed it..Vortech says the max efficiency of the "A" is 40K and the absolute max on the supercharger is 45K..The formula for determining supercharger rpm is: Crankpulley size(6.0") X stepup ratio(3.45) X engine rpm(6000) /divided by supercharger pulley size(stock 3.33= Supercharger RPM. U can go to vortechs web site where there is a calculator & plug in the numbers, but that is the formula.....

Last edited by midnightrider; 10-16-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Old 10-16-2005, 11:06 AM   #4

Thanks for the info on the seals... I looked in there today and no oil. Maybe I was just over reving the motor and some got sucked up.

I had seen that formula on Vortechs site but just didn't understand it. Very new to the supercharger thing.... For now....

If all my pulleys are stock then my max rpm would be about 7200 and the sweet spot to shift at is 6400.......

Am I on the right track here?
New Combo 360 Dart block, solid roller cam, Vortech YSI, sheetmetal intake

Last edited by speedo; 10-16-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (45)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo
Thanks for the info on the seals... I looked in there today and no oil. Maybe I was just over reving the motor and some got sucked up.

I had seen that formula on Vortechs site but just didn't understand it. Very new to the supercharger thing.... For now....

If all my pulleys are stock then my max rpm would be about 7200 and the sweet spot to shift at is 6400.......

Am I on the right track here?
Yes!!!!!Except i would'nt want to rev my stock engine to 7200 which u probably won't due to rev limiter & OH yes, common sense!!...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement