Ford Mustang Forums banner

anybody boost through a comp cams / hartman polymer upper intake ?

937 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  cobrawhite98 
#1 ·
anybody boost through a comp cams/hartman polymer upper

im thinking of buying a small blower, powerdyne or vortec, for my notch with my tax return this year and was wondering if the intake would hold up to 6-9 psi, i like the way the car runs with the intake and i think it would work real well with a centrifugal supercharger, its just is it going to blow up with the pressure being pushed in it? thanks in advance

#4 ·
Hey i run the comp cams poly box on my car with a powerdyne pushing 8psi with no problems at all. I have e cam on stock heads. no leaks, cracks or anything. They only complaint i have is it dropped vaccuum at idle a bit after i installed the intake. I like it, pulls good up top.

Brian

#6 ·
I'm thinking about picking one up and trying it, out of curiousity. Now I've read all the posts about how soft it will make the car at lower rpms. How bad is it? I want a real "I've tried it and this is what happened on my car, no BS" answer please. Thanks for responding.

#7 ·
i bought my engine with the intake on it, but i can say compared to my cobra the 5.0 still has the grunt down low, i think the intake has a perfect powerband to go with the blower personally cause it will just go and the blower keeps making power with it as the rpms go up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.