Ford Mustang Forums banner

Belt help

653 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Shaker666 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a Gates Green stripe belt. I have the 3.33 upper and factory 6.78 lower. The Dayco belt seemed to stretch really fast (not sure if this is normal) ... I don't know if a 2.95 length would work either but with the 54.5" belt it only allowed a 1" of adjustment when pretty new. It is now maxed out after approx. 700 miles. Boost was at 12-13 now only 5-6psi. Thanks for any help and guidance in advance.

#3 ·
Did you figure out how to source a Gates green stripe belt? I also have a similar problem with a Kenne Bell 2.2L at 14-15 psi, Dayco 70" belt. Stretched to the tensioner's limit after less than 200 miles of break-in driving (fresh engine). My issue is that I just don't see where to find a Gates part number for a specific length heavy duty belt.

#4 ·
I ended up purchasing my green stripe belt through Amazon.

#5 ·
I have a dayco for serp belt and gates for the blower belt. I had issues with the daycos stretching quite a bit in like 50-60 miles and causing the tensioner to get out of range. I had to go really tight on the serp belt to get one that didnt stretch too much and ok so far.
I would deff advise looking into the Gates or Gatorback if you can find them

#6 ·
The Gates Fleetrunner Green Stripe belt is pretty solid. I'm not seeing it stretch one bit since I installed it and have been driving aggressively, breaking the engine in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.