Ford Mustang Forums banner

Adding AFR 1402 165 what else should I get ?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BLWNBYU 
#1 ·
My 93 Cobra heads seem to be lifting a bit under boost @ high RPM ( says the dyno tuner), so this is a good excuse to do heads, gaskets and ARP bolts or studs. Since this seems to be a very common and successful combo and I have no experience with fox heads, I'm looking for what part #'s I should add to my S-Trim'd Cobra.

Looking for part #'s on:
bolts or studs that work on these heads
Gaskets for boost that work with these heads
anything else to avoid future fitament issues.

Thanks
Chris

#2 ·
On AFR's website they call for Arp #254-4401. Thats for head studs I would not use head bolts.

For head gaskets I would use Cometic mls gaskets #C5909-040.

For intake gaskets I would use Fel-Pro #1250-S3. The S3's have a metal layer in the center of the gasket to help from blowing out the gasket.

#3 ·
I can get good deals on this stuff also. PM me for prices if you're interested.

#4 ·
Thank you. I gotta start saving for them and find a shop to do it as I don't have the time to do the install myself. Plus I got a bad back from surgery last year

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
I think he just put the B303 he has in it ... I know they aren't optimal boost cams but I think ctozzi wanted a little lope. Hardened push rods are good advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.