CONvertIBLE top installer in nashville tn area - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Events & Regional > Southeast

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (12)

CONvertIBLE top installer in nashville tn area

I am looking for someone to install my top in the Nashville,TN area. I work in Goodlettesville, live in Hermitage, will help/or not, and pay what needs to be to get this done. I have a new/used frame to put in coming in 3 weeks first, or if the installer wishes, can do this also. contact me here or @ 615-775-1227, my name is Matt Harper, the car is a 89 lx.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #2

it is also going to need to be painted, so if you know of someone who is looking for some side work, i want to get this done after the top is replaced, or before so you dont have to worry about over spray on it. not looking for a show finish, just something to look decent for a couple of years till i can afford to have it painted like a show car.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (3)

Matt. You can install the top yourself. There are a lot of manuals out there that can help. You can also get videos on how to do it. I did mine, took me the better part of a day but, it turned out great. Also, when you get the top, get new cables and tacking strips. This will make the job go easier and faster. All you have to remember is to do it on a sunny day and lay the top out in the sun for a couple of hours before you install it. This will allow the top to heat up and stretch. It will tighten up when it is installed and stay tight.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #4

improbably going to give it a try. i am a pretty good mechanic, so i figure i should be able to tackle this. i only paid 100.00 for it on ebay(won an auction), so if i f@#k it up, it wont upset me too bad.cables and tacking strips? please enlighten me. can i not use my old cables?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #5

The cables are on the sides under the top and keep the tension on the top material. They are usually stretched and need to be replaced. The run around 35.00 and can be gotten anywhere. 50resto, Mustangs Unlimited all carry them. The tacking strips are what holds the top to the body and usually geet damaged when the old top is removed. Both 50resto and Mustangs Unlimited have the video on how to do it as well as the manuals. By the way, the manual also tells you how to adjust the top frame and adjust and repair the windows to align them properly with the frame.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #6

If you need anything just shoot me an e-mail at drop_top_91@yahoo.com
Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #7

cool man, i appreciate it.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement