Ford Mustang Forums banner

EFI tuning west coast Florida

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  lunytuned 
#1 ·
Started planning my HCI build on my 93 Fox. I've narrowed down my cylinder head and intake choices. Also going to use FTI for cam and valve train and know what I'll be doing for the supporting mods. Only thing I am not sure on is a recommended tuner with a chassis dyno once done. I am aware of Ramsey's performance in Tampa.
Is there someone else, perhaps in Pinellas county that anyone would recommend?
Anyone I should avoid? (You can pm me an answer if you don't want it public)
Also, what are the going rates these days?
How many hours should a good tuner take to dial in a stock shortblock HCI combo?
I've only had bolt on EFI cars so this is new to me and I am totally clueless as to what it takes to get these things to run right. Of course I want max power but more importantly is streetablity as my car may only see a track a couple times a year. Thanks

#2 ·
For what you are planning, no tuning is required.
The EEC-IV is not tuneable without adding a chip which is not really the best solution.

#3 ·
Getting a tune with a chip will help you get the most out of your mods. Even though getting a chip is old technology. I would just make sure that your all your sensors work correctly. all your connections are good and ALL YOUR GROUNDS ARE CLEAN And TIGHT. change your fuel filter and make sure you have good fp. if you have the chip look at $300-$400 for the tune. Contact your dyno tuner to see which chips he uses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.