Ford Mustang Forums banner

GT40p - What shorty headers?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DRRummel 
#1 ·
I have some spares sitting around that I am going to install this summer. I was wondering if anyone knows if the GP40p will work with my MAC unequal length shorty headers?

#4 ·
I snapped these to show how close three primaries are with shorties on one side, and one primary on the other side. If I ran these, I'd buy four short spark plugs and be done. I think the special short plugs are around $9 each.. Dunno the part number off hand.

#10 ·
I second that motion. I am using a Accel Shorty plug on my jig. It seems like a decent plug. It holds up with my 10:1 compression. They are double platinum and, actually, the U-goove plugs are Denso plugs...

#9 · (Edited)
You can run the mac unequal length headers with P heads. I can show for it. But you have to buy a set of wires with 90 degree boots on them. I ended up using a set of plug wires for a 90 chevrolet tahoe. They are 8mm wires and they fit with no problems. The worst plug for me was the #4. But with these wires, the headers don't even touch the plug boots. Hope this helps..... Tommie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.