Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 394 Posts
There are several different (2-3) companies offering fiberglass hoods around Cinc., OH. Are they the same company? One of them in called champion fiberglass, does any one know anything about them. They ar eselling hoods on abay as well. Just wondering.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I know one of their other companies is Cobra Auto Design. Same people and same crappy product.

quickstang - give me more details. Where did you see the ad? I can't find Champion Fiberglass in the phone book here.

I bought a hood from Cin Composites a few years ago back at their old location. Now that was a scary location. I only bought because I could pick through the hoods and find one I could deal with. Its always the same old story with that company, people have been complaining for years. I would send some info to a local TV station troublehooter, but Im sure most of their business comes from the poor guy strapped for money that sees an ad in the magazine. Buyer Beware.

maybe they'll have a accidentally large chemical fire and all will be lost.. Removing another wart from the ass of society. And just to think there irresposibility mayhave caught up with them and they didnt pay there insurance.. I have 4 of there hoods and This Michigan winter coming up they will be *****in for down hill sledding.

Rockey,
I found their hoods for sale on ebay. I e-mailed Champion Fiberglass Products about a mach1 hood (item #2411334904). The e-mail address was susan.baker@fuse.net and the contact names were Doug and Susan. They were prompt in getting back to me and gave me a toll free # of 1-888-416-6273 and another # of 1-513-531-6640. The ebay address was listed as Norwood, OH (I looked up on mapquest and 2 showed up, 1 near Marietta and the other near Cinc.) They would never actually tell me where they were though. Let me know if you think this is Cinc. Comp. under a different name.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Doubt it unless the lady you talked to was very rude. Cin Comp does not do anything extra to help you out or anything like that. Hopefully this isnt them. Have you received the hood yet? Let us know how it turns out.

Cobra Auto Designs is the worst company ever!! I ordered a Cobra R hood from them and waited forever for it to arive. When it came the shipping price was insane and the hood came with no recipt or instructions. I had a local body shop paint it and bake it. 1 month later the hood bubbled up like no other! I talked to the *****, glad to here others hate her, and she told me that I'm just out of luck because I didn't read the instructions. (The ones that never came.) A week later, the POS hood flew up on me bending the panel behind the hood. This is where it gets interesting, I decieded to just spent more and order from Cervini's. The hood I got from Cobra Auto Designs had Cervini's name printed in the fiberglass on the underside. I told Cervini's and they said Cobra Auto Designs have been stealing their molds. I shipped the hood to Cervini's and they gave me a new one for free! Does anybody else have a CAD or Cincy composites hood with Cervini's on it?? I asked the ***** on the phone where they get their hoods and she said they make all of them. She was pretty quiet when I said my hood says Cervini's. Thanks for letting me ramble on, Just buy Cervini's, there worth the money.

I have a Cincy hood as well....................................but it is hanging on my wall as a suvanier in my garage after it flew up on the highway, shattered my windshield, dented my roof, messed up my mirror and dented the fender, and almost took out a motorcyclist.. I am very very interested in going after them. If anyone can figure out a way to get them to court or do whatever is nessisary, I am very very serious about getting at them. I will be wearing a hate shirt about Cincy composites at the World Ford challenge this weekend. It is only a matter of time until soome one dies from thier iresponsibility.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Cobraguy1996, you defintally have a case against them... hopefully you took pics of the damage and the hood and things like that. Get all that stuff together along with receipts of the hood and either take it to an attorney or talk to someone in the law enforcement about what you can do. I would persue that for sure.

I did not get a recipt, i got it at WFC5 last year. I just bought it outright for cash. I don't think I have a case becasue I didn't have a "mechanic" put it on. They will say it wasn't adjuted right. But help me out, I have pictures somewhere, I actually have the hood. The only thing I don't have is the windshield after it got shattered. But I have pics of it. The dent is still in the roof, the side view mirror is still scuffed, and the outside A-Piller still has cracks in it. What should I do about the recipt though? The hood is in my garage, it is destryed.

i just got back from WFC6 and they had a booth up there. It was ALL CRAP! I dont see how a company that continues to produce crap can still be in business. By the way, cervinis was there.......i loaded up! Stalker front bumper was discounted 300 bucks if you bought the whole kit!

This are real horror stories about what has happen to all you guess. I'am so glad I read all these stories as I to would have been a victim to to this company, now i just wonder if some of the other lower priced companys are the same. well thanks to all you guys I know now i will stick to cervini or ford for their cobra r kit.

After I had my hood fly up on me, I bought a hood from Design Concepts. I have nothing but praise for them. Putting the hoods next to each other is no comparisson. The DC on is 150 times better than the CC hood. There were no waves in the fiberglass, painted perfectly and fit extremly well. My buddy has a Cervinis Hood on his 94 Cobra, and mine is just as good a quality as his. Im not saying don't do Cervinis, I think they are awesome, but mine was only 225.00=shipping as opposed to like 400.00 something. If anyone wants to see pics of the hood, email me at stlsprtsfn@aol.com

okay, I have another update. They are no longer allowed to advertise in MM&FF. I don't think the are in 5.0 magazine too. I am working on making sure they are not allowed to attend World Ford Challenge anymore. I am going to srat a petition and send it to the president. I talked to the vendor marketer for the WFC and he gave me the name and address.

HOODS

I just got back from WFC as well and i picked up a 4 inch cowl hood from cervini for 250.00 bolt on:) Cincinnatti composites told that they would give me a hood for 150.00 if i did buy from them..And BTW...That stuff is junk that they sell:)

21 - 40 of 394 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.