Its been awhile - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Solarflare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-09-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Its been awhile

Hey guys, finally pulled the trigger on 16 black gt premium. I havent been on here in about 7 years but from what I remember these forums were the best. Few questions :

1.Looking for suspension suggestions i.e coilovers vs springs any recommendations?

2. Any experience with barton flatstick shifter? Worth it?

3. To maintain my warranty im limited to the ford performance pack tunes any experience with those? Typical gains?

4. Last but not least exhaust suggestions? Would like to minimize drone but maintain full setup headers etc i know there is no such thing as quiet headers but i do have neighbor what would be the relatively quietest setup that will still net some gains?

Thanks for any responses guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-09-2017, 11:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Haven't followed the packages but figure for the stage 2 about 20-25whp. Springs depends on how low you want to go, eibach has options, BMRs also have some nice ones. Exhaust wise. I have longtubes and GT500 axleback with factory resonator and it's sounds good all around, no drone and no pissed off neighbors.

Formerly...
Darkmach1
Joined Date- 11-27-2008
post #3 of 7 Old 03-11-2017, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i was looking into the gt500 exhaust i like the sound and imagine it will sound great with an h pipe. How did you get it to fit? Did the have to custom fab some pipes or what? Also im looking at the eibach kit or the ford track pack i know eibach is roughly 1.5 inch vs ford being 1 just curious which handles and rides better

post #4 of 7 Old 03-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean55 View Post
Yeah i was looking into the gt500 exhaust i like the sound and imagine it will sound great with an h pipe. How did you get it to fit? Did the have to custom fab some pipes or what? Also im looking at the eibach kit or the ford track pack i know eibach is roughly 1.5 inch vs ford being 1 just curious which handles and rides better
Honestly, I have the eibach pro kit with 20s. Now I kinda wish I had gone sportlines or BMR, to give it a slightly lower look in the front. Not sure as far as handling, honestly don't think you will see any difference unless you also swap shocks. As far as the GT500 axleback it sounds very good, fitment was straight forward, they cut the hangers off of the GT500 and weld 1 to match the factory setup. They cut the factory setup at the differential, mock up the GT500 axleback and make a piece that will fit from the stock pipe to the new axleback. Done.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-12-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

I

Pretty sure this is the route im going to with gt 500 just to clarify. I can buy an aftermarket h pipe and the mufflers and they can fit it or do i need to keep it stock to fit the mufflers. Thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 03-13-2017, 08:03 AM

You can use an aftermarket H-pipe. The shop will fab up the mufflers.
asrautox likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-15-2017, 09:15 PM

Not sure what year GT500 exhaust you're looking for but I have a set of GT500 axle backs off of a 2011 GT500 with 3k miles for sale if you're interested.

2011 GT500- Black/Black/Black VMP 2.3 TVS & tons of Mods
Superformance 427 Cobra- Aluminum 427 FE (452 ci) aluminum heads, dual fours, guardsman blue, goodyear billboards
2003 Terminator- Built 5.1L tons of mods- Sold
2003 Mustang GT- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement