15S21 airbag recall - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-30-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
15S21 airbag recall

I just got a card in the mail today for the 15S21 recall. A quick Google search turned up this:

Ford Motor Company is recalling 1,019,081 model year 2005-2014 Mustangs manufactured April 6, 2004, to June 21, 2014, and 2005-2006 GTs manufactured February 20, 2004, to September 22, 2006.

The dual-stage driver front air bag may be susceptible to moisture intrusion which, over time, could cause the inflator to rupture. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front driver side air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin July 13, 2015.

Vehicles that have had their driver side front air bag replaced previously as part of a recall remedy need to have their air bag replaced under this recall as well.

Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S21.

2013 Mustang GT
2009 Challenger R/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Well, I took my car in today for this. As it turns out this is just an airbag inspection and no issue was found with mine.

2013 Mustang GT
2009 Challenger R/T
post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2017, 06:01 PM

a video of the procedure

post #4 of 5 Old 04-18-2017, 09:50 PM

Brought mine in for a couple of little things that needed fixing as 3/36 warranty was about to run out and got the airbag thing taken care of too.

2014 GT Premium Track Pack
Ford P Springs, BMR adj. panhard bar, uca and mount, Koni orange, Steeda cai/tune and lca, BBK 85mm tb, Long tubes w/catted x-pipe, Ford Perf. 1 piece driveshaft, Boss splitter and Grille, Roush sideskirts, GT500 mufflers w/ reso. delete, Forgestar Gunmetal F14 wheels
post #5 of 5 Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM

I don't get it. Mine (2014) also has the recall, but Ford here doesn't have any part for it yet to replace mine. Something about 13-14s being different, and no parts are available for this recall yet. Someone correct me if they got theirs replaced. I live in Canada and maybe that has something to do with it. Stupid Ford would put a recall out, but not have any parts to replace it with yet. They have no idea when this will be corrected. I could be waiting years for this fix for my year.

My last Mustang - 1981 with 84 351W bored .40, Holley 600cfm vacuum secondaries, Weiand 351 Stealth manifold, 4 speed RUG (3 speed o/d), 8.8 rear with 3.08s, Flowmaster 2 chambers, Crane cam 218/224, Keith Black hypereutectic flat top pistons. Current Mustang: 2014 V6 Convertable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement