Exhaust for 2013 GT/CS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > S-197 Mustang GT (2011-2014)

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (0)

Garage
Exhaust for 2013 GT/CS

Thinking about a Borla ATAK catback for my new 2013 GT/CS.

Open to suggestions and feedback regarding other products.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
Borla ATAK Catback Exhaust / Ford Racing Tune / Ford Side Louvers / Airraid CAI
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BracketRacing.com View Post
Thinking about a Borla ATAK catback for my new 2013 GT/CS.

Open to suggestions and feedback regarding other products.

Any help would be great! Thanks!
I just picked up my 13 GT/CS last night and I will have Borla S axle back on it tonight I'll let you know how it sounds.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

My vote goes to GT-500 axle-back, just the right amount of throatiness and overrun burble without the high price of the others, stainless steel and perfect Ford fitment. $309 and free shipping from AM and LMR also. I love mine.

-Brian

2012 Race Red GT/CS mt-82
1988 DSB/Titanium GT T-5

2012 Race Red GT/CS 6sp. manual
Originally joined Corral in 1995 as username Ghostrider
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #4

Well I installed the borla S on my 13 GT/CS last night and I am happy.. I had a 04 mach1 with SLP X high flow cats and Borla stingers and I loved the sound but it was loud. With this car being a convertable I wanted something a bit more tame so I think I will stick with the axle back for a while. It has a nice deep tone that is very tame at low RPM and really wakes up when you step on it. It took me a half hour to install and I like the look of the tips I just wish they were an inch or so shorter as they stick out more than the stockers do.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Corral Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC[H]Z View Post
Well I installed the borla S on my 13 GT/CS last night and I am happy.. I had a 04 mach1 with SLP X high flow cats and Borla stingers and I loved the sound but it was loud. With this car being a convertable I wanted something a bit more tame so I think I will stick with the axle back for a while. It has a nice deep tone that is very tame at low RPM and really wakes up when you step on it. It took me a half hour to install and I like the look of the tips I just wish they were an inch or so shorter as they stick out more than the stockers do.
Thanks for the info! Post some pics, would love to see it!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Corral Elite Member

Garage
I just ordered BORLA's ATAK Cat-Back (140372). 3 week ETA, will post videos once it's installed.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (27)

i always loved mac but i dunno cuz the axle back is only 2.5" plus i dont want the drone. i was thinking offroad x with a set of race bullets b4 the mac axle backs. anyone wanna sell stock axle backs for cheap? ill do some experimenting
Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #8

Well ordered borla s type catback, almost $1200 but the vids I watched sounded real good.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCoupe View Post
My vote goes to GT-500 axle-back, just the right amount of throatiness and overrun burble without the high price of the others, stainless steel and perfect Ford fitment. $309 and free shipping from AM and LMR also. I love mine.

-Brian
I'm curious...

I want my car to be as quiet as possible (I like the stock exhaust) but would like to pick up power where possible. Does the GT-500 exhaust make any additional power? Or is it just a little louder with no real power gains?

Paul.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Racer View Post
Does the GT-500 exhaust make any additional power? Or is it just a little louder with no real power gains?
You wont see any gains from any of the axlebacks.
Boss Intake, Circle D 4C converter, ARH 1 7/8 Longtubes and off road x-pipe, Kooks Catback, BMR Lowering Springs, BMR Lower Control Arms, BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Strange adjustable shocks/struts
Old 06-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #11
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BracketRacing.com View Post
I just ordered BORLA's ATAK Cat-Back (140372). 3 week ETA, will post videos once it's installed.
Where are the pics and vids, BracketRacing.com??

You're late!

Chris
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #12

I just installed borla s type catback an hr ago, sounds awesome.really recommend doing on a lift, the rear suspension does not drop very much to give you room to maneuver the over axle pipes
Old 07-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk98gt View Post
Where are the pics and vids, BracketRacing.com??

You're late!

Chris
Here's a little something from my setup. Everything is from Kooks--Headers, O/R X-pipe, Catback...It sounds so F'ing AWESOME!! About the one word that describes the sound from this setup is "exotic". I did a comparison video of OEM exhaust with Kooks exhaust. Enjoy...
Michael Palacio: 2012 Mustang GT 6M w/Brembo package. C&L CAI. 1-7/8" Mid-Length Headers, O/R X-Pipe, Full Catback all from Kooks. Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs. Koni's STR.T damper kit. MM camber plates. BAMA tunes. MGW MT-82 Short Throw Shifter. FRPP 3.73 gears. BOSS 302 Steering Wheel.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpalacio View Post
Here's a little something from my setup. Everything is from Kooks--Headers, O/R X-pipe, Catback...It sounds so F'ing AWESOME!! About the one word that describes the sound from this setup is "exotic". I did a comparison video of OEM exhaust with Kooks exhaust. Enjoy...
2012 Ford Mustang GT Kooks LT Headers - YouTube
I have the Kooks catback and it's a quality piece. Your car isn't that loud surprisingly, like mine. Any trouble getting the 1 7/8 mid lengths to fit properly?
Boss Intake, Circle D 4C converter, ARH 1 7/8 Longtubes and off road x-pipe, Kooks Catback, BMR Lowering Springs, BMR Lower Control Arms, BMR Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Strange adjustable shocks/struts
Old 07-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
I have the Kooks catback and it's a quality piece. Your car isn't that loud surprisingly, like mine. Any trouble getting the 1 7/8 mid lengths to fit properly?
The video doesn't give it justice man. It's a whole different experience in person. In regards to your question, I had Jake from Lamotta's Performance install the whole thing for me. I don't have a clue as to how to install any of that stuff. But Jake didn't say anything about it after it was all done. I understand that the LT headers from Kooks can be a very tight fit. I called Kooks about that same question you are having and the guy was just simple and to the point. He answered my question with a question, "You want an easy installation, or do you want the best horsepower gains?". I was like, "Okay, thank you. You've answered my concerns, Bye." lol
Michael Palacio: 2012 Mustang GT 6M w/Brembo package. C&L CAI. 1-7/8" Mid-Length Headers, O/R X-Pipe, Full Catback all from Kooks. Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs. Koni's STR.T damper kit. MM camber plates. BAMA tunes. MGW MT-82 Short Throw Shifter. FRPP 3.73 gears. BOSS 302 Steering Wheel.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #16

Quote:
The video doesn't give it justice man. It's a whole different experience in person. In regards to your question, I had Jake from Lamotta's Performance install the whole thing for me. I don't have a clue as to how to install any of that stuff. But Jake didn't say anything about it after it was all done. I understand that the LT headers from Kooks can be a very tight fit. I called Kooks about that same question you are having and the guy was just simple and to the point. He answered my question with a question, "You want an easy installation, or do you want the best horsepower gains?". I was like, "Okay, thank you. You've answered my concerns, Bye." lol
FYI the Kooks are mid length headers not longtubes. Kooks even calls them mid lengths.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #17

Quote:
FYI the Kooks are mid length headers not longtubes. Kooks even calls them mid lengths.
Interesting. Didn't know that fact. So are you considering getting them? They're expensive, but for me if I'm going to do an upgrade, I'd rather spend some money and know I'm going to have one of the best products out there for my ride.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #18

I went the custom route. Couldn't be happier, except when my cat delete pipes get here.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #19

Quote:
So are you considering getting them? They're expensive, but for me if I'm going to do an upgrade, I'd rather spend some money and know I'm going to have one of the best products out there for my ride.
Yes pretty sure I'll be installing Kooks headers come Winter.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #20

Quote:
You wont see any gains from any of the axlebacks.
Funny, that's what I thought too, however, LMR did a before/after dyno with the GT-500 axle-back and they got an additional 9 RWHP out of it. I thought it felt better on the top end after I put it on but I figured it was just the extra volume tricking me. Maybe not.

2011-13 Mustang GT SVE Performance Pack Install & Dyno

-Brian

2012 Race Red GT/CS MT-82

2012 Race Red GT/CS 6sp. manual
Originally joined Corral in 1995 as username Ghostrider
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Yes pretty sure I'll be installing Kooks headers come Winter.
Beautiful man! I'm already happy for you. You won't regret it, it's money well spent.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Funny, that's what I thought too, however, LMR did a before/after dyno with the GT-500 axle-back and they got an additional 9 RWHP out of it. I thought it felt better on the top end after I put it on but I figured it was just the extra volume tricking me. Maybe not.

2011-13 Mustang GT SVE Performance Pack Install & Dyno

-Brian

2012 Race Red GT/CS MT-82
LMR is one of the best, if not THE best.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
mdpalacio:

Sounds great. "Authoritative" is a good way to describe it, I think.

Enjoy!

Chris
Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #24

Hey Chris, that's also a good word to describe the sound. The best part of this whole thing is when I'm just driving from stop light to stop light and then I get a honk from a car close by and all I see is a kid with a big grin and a big thumbs up and yelling out "nice car". To me those are the best times and worth all the time, money, and effort in owning and modifying my Mustang. I just can't get enough of that, because I remember when I was kid and knowing how it felt to see a badass sounding Mustang, gawking all over it and wishing how cool it would be to have a Mustang like that.

My dreams came true.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #25

Trader Feedback: (35)

I did the same thing and love the GT500's. They sounded much better than the stock GT mufflers! I removed the resonators and now it sounds perfect in my opinion. Cruising it's quiet like stock, but it has a nice rumble it idle and sounds amazing ripping through the gears. Best of both worlds.

Quote:

-Brian

2012 Race Red GT/CS mt-82
1988 DSB/Titanium GT T-5
92 GT: Sold
Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #26

Trader Feedback: (3)

1200 for exhaust is just plain silly...
87 2.3 'vert"real muscle"89 5.0 'vert stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement