Ford Mustang Forums banner

05 Mustang GT blown dyno results

5K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  TheLegendaryJP 
#1 ·
Hi there,
Just thought I'd pass along some dyno results I witnessed at MPE Racing in Taunton MA. tonight.

Car: 2005 Mustang GT bone stock w/ATI ProCharger P1SC
Car made 444.82rwhp and 404rwtq @ 8lbs of boost

Mike Freedman who owns the car was making a few tweaks to his Predator and after a few tweaks he left. The ProCharger kit came with 03 Cobra injectors (39lbs) but everything else on the car was stk.

See ya
Michael Plummer

#2 ·
Rookie here.

So is this a true statement:

I buy an '05 GT. I bolt a procharger on there without any internal modifications. I absolutely annihilate an '05 Vette, and can come pretty darn close to hanging with an '06 Z06 Vette.

That is amazing, if true. 444 RWHP sounds GREAT!

#3 ·
What fuel pump did they use, I assume it can't be the stock 05 GT?

#4 ·
Michael Plummer said:
Hi there,
Just thought I'd pass along some dyno results I witnessed at MPE Racing in Taunton MA. tonight.

Car: 2005 Mustang GT bone stock w/ATI ProCharger P1SC
Car made 444.82rwhp and 404rwtq @ 8lbs of boost

Mike Freedman who owns the car was making a few tweaks to his Predator and after a few tweaks he left. The ProCharger kit came with 03 Cobra injectors (39lbs) but everything else on the car was stk.

See ya
Michael Plummer
Was the VCT disabled? Nice results either way. Where were the peaks, and any chance we could see a graph?

#5 ·
The bigger question is the life of the motors... I just wonder how long the Motor will run with that Blower, the internials are nothing different then the motors before to my understanding... Would like to know the status of the motor in the future...

ZyX2323

#6 ·
mike is good guy,he knows a lot about tunning.he tune my car a few years ago and its still together with 12-14 psi on a stock bottom end.these cars have better induction to begin with so they are going to flow awesome with some force iduction.EDO has a project thats making over 350rwhp with some headwork and i think some funny cams.
good numbers mike.keep pushing the bar.

#7 ·
Hi there,
Yes this is a true statement and yes this car does go pretty good. I got a chance to ride along in this thing and I was simply amazed at how awesome this car is. The fuel pump along with everything else is stock EXCEPT the 39lbs injectors and from what I understand the injectors will be offered in the kit.

Mike Freedman and I are good friends but this was a closed dyno session and the results were suppose to be kept secret. So I will not be posting dyno graphs (which I have) and I am not allowed to talk about the tuning on this car because Mike Freedman asked me not too.

What I will say is this, the A/F ratio was fine but it did spike upward to 12.0:1 at redline. The blower had a 4.25 pulley on it which is rated for 8lbs of boost and the crank pulley is 6.75. The blower install for this model is wicked easy and it shouldn't take anyone more than 5 hours to install this kit.

BTW What up Randy, I hope everything is well with you and the car.

See ya
Michael Plummer

#8 ·
mike,the car is good,does not get driven much in the winter.not sure where i want to go with the car as far as building another motor.i'm still spook by the number the car ran last tasca day.
later.

#9 ·
Saltynuts said:
Rookie here.

So is this a true statement:

I buy an '05 GT. I bolt a procharger on there without any internal modifications. I absolutely annihilate an '05 Vette, and can come pretty darn close to hanging with an '06 Z06 Vette.

That is amazing, if true. 444 RWHP sounds GREAT!
It may pull a C6, but it will be closer than you think. The '06 Z06 will absolutely smoke an 05 GT even with these numbers.

#13 ·
Robisten8 said:
It may pull a C6, but it will be closer than you think. The '06 Z06 will absolutely smoke an 05 GT even with these numbers.
So your saying a 490-500ish hp (at crank) Mustang will barely pull on the 400hp C-5, and that a 500hp Z06 will absoultely smoke it? The vette is about 300lbs lighter, but I think it will be closer then you think, a little bit outside the realm of a "drivers race" but still close enough that the Z06 driver's going to have to work the car pretty good.

#14 ·
Hi there,
Sorry but I can't comment on the tune so I can't tell you if the VCT was connected or not. Yes this car is a 5 speed and this car is suppose to go to the Spring Break Shootout in Florida to run its share of 1/4 passes.

I'm sure once Mike Freedman gets done tuning this car all the tuning info will be revealed for everyone to read and see (I'll post dyno runs then).

See ya
Michael Plummer

#16 · (Edited)
From a avg. dyno of stock '05s in the 265whp range, that's approx. 180rwhp from 8psi?? Now that's equal or more than efficient than a turbo (22whp/psi). VCT had to have been connected (?) or the stock program is leaving a lot potential out.

#23 ·
Hey Michael,

good post, Im anxious to see how this car turns out w/ more tuning.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.