Ford Mustang Forums banner

Going with twins!

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  tx_zstang 
#1 ·
Decided to part ways with my Kenne Bell setup and will be going with a twin turbo setup. This will be a huge project, in that a lot of supporting mods and upgrades will be coming off.
This is something I've been considering for awhile. I've maxed out the KB at 18+ psi, and I want more power!
I'm really looking forward to what she'll do with a couple hundred more ponies under the hood! ..yeah, it's a sickness, but a fun one :evilgrin:

#4 ·
Been awhile since this was updated. While waiting for the turbos to be delivered, there were quite a few things to do before the car was actually ready to receive the turbo kit. There was approximately 130 pounds of Kenne Bell related items that were removed, and in the process, a FRPP intake and stock exhaust manifolds were put on.

Recent progress, about ready to start putting the turbo kit on:

NOW for THE GOOD STUFF:

#7 ·
Well, it's what I have :leghump:
When done right, it can be a good thing.

Although, if you plan on running boost, you don't really need to stroke it out to get a little more displacement..from what I was told over the last few years. However, after having done it and "playing" with a 3v 4.6 stroked to 5.0, I'm happy with the setup.
I'd say, it would depend on how the overall build and other parts come into play, let those perhaps be a bigger factor. In other words, if it is going to cost you $1000 more to put in a stroker setup vs. an otherwise good forged 4.6 build, and you intend to run mild to high boost, then the cost of a stroker build is not the best way to spend that much more money. In may case, it was $200 or less difference between a 4.6 and 5.0, so that was an easy choice.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.