8.5" QuarterMaster clutch experience? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Road Racing/Auto X

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

8.5" QuarterMaster clutch experience?

Is anyone running this set-up? It looks cool as a open-track /road race deal.
Im looking for input before I drop 900.00(!!)

Thanks
D-cel
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 01:11 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (2)

I have it in my AI/X car. I am extremely happy with it. I tested it in my AGS car as well and was much happier with it over my stock clutch. I have run Centerforce, King Cobra's, heavy duty FRPP, you name it. It is the only clutch that will take a lot of abuse and just keep on giving.
It is significantly lighter weighing in at 18 lb's for both clutch and flywheel, it is a sintered iron material which won't give up like an organic material, and yet will take more abuse like slipping the clutch unlike the majority of other small diameter clutches. It is a great in between clutch of a stock setup, and a small button muliti disk clutch in that it can be street driven without any problems, road raced and take the extreme heat and pounding of well over 500 hp at the crank as tested and proven by my AI/X car. It will also rev faster since the reduced weight and lower polar movement of inertia which helps in acceleration, and in deceleration, downshifting, and braking. Something else to consider is it is also rebuildable which in the long run may save you money unlike a stock setup where you replace the whole unit, you can replace just the disk when the time comes. I have a lot of miles on them, and haven't replaced a part yet. If I can answer any more specific questions, please let me know.
Mark
#37 Mustang Midwest American Iron. AGS series champion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-14-2003, 02:01 PM   #3

I purchased on for my 410ci stroker. The guy @ Quartermaster said it will hold 700+ ft/lbs of torque. It's mostly a weekend car, but I would like to know if it can take the abuse of a low 10 sec blast. Motor is not complete yet, so I have not drove it.

4"
Old 07-14-2003, 03:24 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (2)

I don't know about the torque number, they told me but I'd have to check. I do know that they have them in some real street cars that run 10:10's, and aren't having any problems. They tested one in Mark Magnusons car and he dropped .3 tenths off his time. I don't want to get into drag racing here necessarily, but it gives you an idea of it's potential on a 2 mile track.

Mark
#37 Mustang Midwest American Iron. AGS series champion.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:23 PM   #5

Thanks Mark,
Thats the info im looking for

D-cel
Old 07-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #6

Thanks. .698 inch solid roller would'nt last too long on the road course

4"
Old 07-15-2003, 10:03 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (6)

DCELR8TOR, my name is John Wilkinson and I work at Quarter Master, basically I am the one responsible for the 8.5" sales and marketing. If you would like, give me a call either at work or on my cell phone (my cell is from my company so call whenever, I have it on until 10:00 every night).

815-540-8999 work
847-309-8691 cell

I can give you basically any bit of information you would like, from dyno numbers to torque capacities to moment of inertia numbers. Just give ma a call and ask away.

Thanks again Mark for all of your help!!

What's the difference between a wife and a mistress??
Night and day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement