Boston Brewers Goaly Snubs Obama - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge > Politics

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Boston Brewers Goaly Snubs Obama

And the anti-Federal Government Pro Freedom Libertarian fight grows ...........

Boston Bruins Goaltender Releases Statement Explaining Absence From Obama Meeting | ZeroHedge
Quote:

While his colleagues from the Boston Bruins were visitng the White House earlier today, goaltender Tim Thomas was absent. Here is his personal explanation for why he did what he did. We can only hope more role-models follow in his footsteps.

Thomas statement on White House absence (via the NHL)

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT
"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (3)

1 - This probably belongs in the politics section.

2 - The Brewers are a baseball team & the Bruins are a hockey team; thread title fail.

In any event, he grew up outside of Flint, so I'm sure he's sick of liberal tree hugger hippy types.

-TriAx, JLT CAI, 3.55, Magnaflow O/R X & Magnapack catback, MM FLSFCs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
2 - The Brewers are a baseball team & the Bruins are a hockey team; thread title fail.
Yeah, ice is something we put in our tea down here, so my hockey faux pas have to be given a little slack.

And politics ? I think it should be in the Freedom Lovers section.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #4

The way those guys are playing, maybe he'll show up next year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (1)

He has the right to stay away and give his opinion, does his opinion worth any more than any other citizen. That is a BIG NO!

Considering he thinks Glan Beck is someone to look up yo, I question any if his intelligence.

I would snub anything event that Glen Beck or Rush would have.

Last edited by DavidEwers; 01-24-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #6

What has Glen Beck said that you dont like?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #7

pick just one of these for yourself When both CNN and Fox news gets rid of a guy for his racist and horrible statements he has to be bad.

1. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009 (Source)

2. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005 (Source)

3. "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)

4. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)

5. "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007 (Source)

6. "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006 (Source)

7. "Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007 (Source)

8. "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009 (Source)

9. "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009 (Source)

10. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel (Source)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEwers View Post
Considering he thinks Glan Beck is someone to look up yo, I question any if his intelligence.
Did the hockey guy say he thinks Glan Beck is someone to look up yo? Never read that part. Link me up where he says that.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
Corral Elite Member

DavidEwers dislikes Glenn Beck
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #10

I read a total of 32 articles on Tim Thomas. I didn't see a quote attributed to him saying he thinks Glan, Glen, or Glenn Beck is someone to look up to.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi Dog View Post
I read a total of 32 articles on Tim Thomas. I didn't see a quote attributed to him saying he thinks Glan, Glen, or Glenn Beck is someone to look up to.

I guess you did not look too hard, right on his wili page it states the following:

Personal

Thomas and wife Melissa[13] have three children: daughters Kiley, born August 2000 and Kelsey, born May 2005, and son Keegan, born September 2006.[14] Thomas is a Republican and has stated that the person he would most like to have dinner with is conservative TV pundit Glenn Beck[15]. After winning the Stanley Cup, Thomas skipped the traditional victors' meet-and-greet with the Barack Obama at the White House; he was the only active Bruin to not attend.

And no I do not like Beck Coulter, or Rush, they get too personal and do not stay on this issues. But if you like racist comments and hateful discourse that is your right too.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #12

Quote:
I guess you did not look too hard, right on his wili page it states the following:

Personal

Thomas and wife Melissa[13] have three children: daughters Kiley, born August 2000 and Kelsey, born May 2005, and son Keegan, born September 2006.[14] Thomas is a Republican and has stated that the person he would most like to have dinner with is conservative TV pundit Glenn Beck[15]. After winning the Stanley Cup, Thomas skipped the traditional victors' meet-and-greet with the Barack Obama at the White House; he was the only active Bruin to not attend.

And no I do not like Beck Coulter, or Rush, they get too personal and do not stay on this issues. But if you like racist comments and hateful discourse that is your right too.
OK. I didn't search his willy page. Only google. My bad. But 32 is way more than I was alloted.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
Formerly David Claflin

Trader Feedback: (27)

Quote:
That's not very tolerant
Old 01-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #14

Quote:
But if you like racist comments and hateful discourse that is your right too.
Sounds pretty much like most Democrats as well. They are not racist when speaking about one of their own, but if they are conservative, they become pretty darn racist.

No discourse on the left, huh?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Claflin View Post
That's not very tolerant
You are correct, I am not not tolerent at all for racist viewpoints, and neither should you. Maybe if evreryone would call out people who use race as an insult they would either keep it to themselves or realize their mistakes.

And trying to flip the hate over will not work either, I never said anything about his race, religion, or sexual preference. I question his viewpoints. If he had not been a Glen Beck fan I would not have commented at all.

RedGTvert, when any other leader of a group uses racist remarks I will call them out too. I do not care what political group you belong too. I have zero tolerance for racism. bigotry, or prejudice.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
Captain Chaos

I'll tolerant of whatever I want to tolerant, thank your.
— Calvin
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Corral Charter Member

I am now offically a fan of Tim Thomas.
2010 Corvette ZR1
Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #18
Corral Elite Member

Quote:
I am not not tolerent at all for racist viewpoints, and neither should you. Maybe if evreryone would call out people who use race as an insult they would either keep it to themselves or realize their mistakes.

RedGTvert, when any other leader of a group uses racist remarks I will call them out too. I do not care what political group you belong too. I have zero tolerance for racism. bigotry, or prejudice.
Well Said, I agree.

Quote:
pick just one of these for yourself When both CNN and Fox news gets rid of a guy for his racist and horrible statements he has to be bad.
What racist statements Has Beck made?

I did not vote for Obama. Did you vote for obama?94 red gt vert: "Yes i did and glad i did."

"OWS, The lefts Tea Party"

Last edited by INCINR8; 01-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
P63

Trader Feedback: (9)

The guy explicitely says that he holds in low regard "all three branches of govt"...

... and the thread title is "Snubs Obama"???

Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCINR8 View Post
Well Said, I agree.

What racist statements Has Beck made?
This is not a racist remark but is a bigoted remark.

. "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006 (Source)

If this had been said by a interviewer during the IRA days to an Irish Catholic politician he would have hung in the town square that day. It goes by as harmles since is was made to a person of the Islamic religion.

Now for a truly racist remark

Beck praised constitutional provision protecting slave trade. In his 2009 book Arguing With Idiots, Beck reprinted and praised the now-obsolete Article I, Section 9, Clause 1 of the Constitution, which prohibited Congress from ending the slave trade before 1808 and capped taxes on the slave trade at $10 per slave. Beck, without mentioning slavery, interpreted the provision to mean that “the Founders actually put a price tag on coming to this country: $10 per person. Apparently they felt like there was a value to being able to live here.”

Snakecharmer, if you agree with this kind of thought I really feel sorry for you.

Chauncy: That is one of the most moronic statements I have ever heard. Tell me did your mother drop you as a child or maybe you suffered a lack of oxygen while you were going through the birth canal
Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #21

Trader Feedback: (11)

That wasn't racist, it was ####ing stupid. He thought everyone paid that much. He was just incredibly STUPID. Not racist. Once he figured out the truth (it was explained slowly to him) he apologized.

Chris
Old 01-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
Corral Elite Member

Stupid/Insensitive Yes, Racist, No.

I did not vote for Obama. Did you vote for obama?94 red gt vert: "Yes i did and glad i did."

"OWS, The lefts Tea Party"

Last edited by INCINR8; 01-26-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #23
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Chauncy: That is one of the most moronic statements I have ever heard. Tell me did your mother drop you as a child or maybe you suffered a lack of oxygen while you were going through the birth canal
Try reading your posts out loud cupcake.

My previous post follows this beautifully.

Quote:
You are correct, I am not not tolerent at all for racist viewpoints, and neither should you.
— Calvin
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #24

Trader Feedback: (7)

Quote:
He has the right to stay away and give his opinion, does his opinion worth any more than any other citizen. That is a BIG NO!

I would snub anything event that Glen Beck or Rush would have.
It's funny that you've questioned someone else' intelligence because your post seems to be lacking a good bit of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement