New Cold air kit for the 2015 5.0 No flash needed. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #36 of 40 Old 06-22-2015, 10:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Interested in tuned numbers...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37 of 40 Old 06-23-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra199711 View Post
Interested in tuned numbers...
I asked this as well but haven't seen an answer. I would expect some tangible improvements when used with a tune. How bout it OP? Do you guys have any info on a tuned setup?

post #38 of 40 Old 03-06-2016, 08:33 PM

cai

I just installed a steeda CAI on my 2015 gt. Having installed it I insulated the whole air box inlet tube and gasket to the hood. The car runs like HE??. If one of the responses said he only gained one tenth in the quarter that is over 10 hp. at the wheels and I bet the mph is at least 2 more .The cai with the hood closed and moving is very effective but at a stop light the cai sucks in hot under hood air . So a stop light racer might be at a disadvantage w/ cai until he gets moving

post #39 of 40 Old 10-18-2016, 02:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Does anyone know what the deal is with this intake now? I ordered one from PMAS a couple of weeks ago. The intake kit I received did NOT have the Velocity Stack style MAF. It is just an aluminum tube with a rectangular hole cut out where a standard MAF slides in and protrudes into the middle of the tube. I contacted PMAS and the guy said he forwarded my email to someone to answer. Several days later I emailed again asking for a status and he said no one had responded, "probably because they were busy getting ready for SEMA". He then said that he "doesn't think" they make that intake anymore, and gave me the address to ship it back to them??? The PMAS website, still has the pictures and description of a Velocity 120 MAF. I don't want to just get my money back, I really want the Velocity 120 intake system that is described in this thread, and is on the website. The whole reason I went with the PMAS intake was because of the design of the MAF.

The thread that is referenced in the first post of this thread specifically states "All other maf housings this size are horrible for maf signal noise and jumpy counts at idle. No loss in MAF resolution with our design." That really make me question the design of the intake that I received, and I don't want to install it.

I have contacted a couple of vendors that are selling the intake and asked them if the design has changed, but I'm still waiting to hear back. Both sites still have pictures of the Velocity Stack style MAF and both say "Velocity Stack Design Maximizes Flow without Turbulence" in the description.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

91 GT, AFR 165's, Systemax II, F303, 42lb inj, Aeromotive fpr, 255 + T-Rex, PMAS Velocity, 75mm TB, FC 3000 Ign, MSD ProBillet, BBK shorties, 3" Magnaflow dumps, Auburn w/3.73's, TKO-600, Pro Motion Clutch, Diablosport custom tune, PLX wideband, SQ S-trim @ 12lbs, AFM Powerpipe. 531 rwhp 465 rwtq
post #40 of 40 Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 PM

Was there ever any resolution to this PMAS intake mystery? Does it still exist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement