MSD digital 6 plus guys..need help - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-16-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
MSD digital 6 plus guys..need help

So I am in the process of installing a wet nitrous kit on my 1987 5.0. I purchased an MSD digital 6 plus because it has a timing retard for nitrous. The wiring diagrams that came with the box didn't specify how to wire it for the timing retard. All it says is when 12v is applied to the pink wire, the retard function is activated. How do I wire the box to the distibutor? Any help will be appreciated. MSD technical support was no help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-19-2017, 08:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Wire that pink wire in with the positive side of your solenoids and when they activate it will retard timing to whatever its set to

post #3 of 5 Old 02-19-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SEC93GT View Post
Wire that pink wire in with the positive side of your solenoids and when they activate it will retard timing to whatever its set to
That's what I planned to do. I just figured it had to be wired to the distributor as well but I guess it just retards the spark through the coil? Suppose I was over thinking

post #4 of 5 Old 02-19-2017, 10:28 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I ran the pink wire to the hot side of the arming switch which is easier if the box is mounted inside the car. I remember checking the amount of timing pulled with a light and it was DEAD accurate. That was back when the Digital 6 first came out. Anyway good luck.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slojunk91 View Post
I ran the pink wire to the hot side of the arming switch which is easier if the box is mounted inside the car. I remember checking the amount of timing pulled with a light and it was DEAD accurate. That was back when the Digital 6 first came out. Anyway good luck.
Awesome thanks alot bud. That's what I planned to do but didn't know if something needed to be wired to the distributor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement