Ford Mustang Forums banner

ls fox vs coyote

4K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  floatn 
#1 ·
Fox is stock bottom lq4, stock square port topend, pat g sped smedium cam. N/a 6speed. 470whp.

Coyote is exhaust, boss intake, 150 shot. 6speed. Made 551 on 125 shot. Not dynoed on 150 shot

.5.0 vs LS Fox - YouTube

#7 ·
Not many LS fans I would guess... Good video, I expected the nitrous to take the LS.... of coarse I'm one of the few ford nuts that love LS swaps. cheap, EFFECTIVE, horsepower

#9 ·
that mph makes it seem like there is more power than that.. that's like 130ish in the 1/4.. what are the bolt ons? coyote stick or auto?. Those numbers for the coyote seem low too. most NA bolt on tuned 5.0L goes 430-450.

#15 · (Edited)
One of my favorite budget Mustang 5.3 combos I've seen.

5.3 MS3 Mustang 150 shot - YouTube

Specs:

1988 Mustang Gt

04 5.3 88k miles
ms3 cam
thunder racing push rods
patriot double valve springs
gmpp intake
Holley 750HP
dynatech long tubes
msd 6010

Th400
hughes Manual Valve body
midwest converter

8.8 w/4.10 ford racing gears
auburn spool
double adjustable uppers / solid lowers

Renegade nitrous plate system with purge kit
AJE k-member / UPR chromoly control arms
Lakewood 90/10 struts with coil overs
Manual rack / Jegs manual brake and line lock kit

#21 ·
Ford people can argue all they want but they know its true. You can't get close to this with a sbf for the money.

850 6.0
650 ls3 heads new complete
400 cam
75 intake used
300 throttle body
500 headers

470whp and 432 rwtq. Not to mention it don't buck, shake, stall,idle crazy, etc. Gets 24-26 mpg with a 4.10 gear. Starts and idles perfect at 1000 no matter if its 100 degress out side or ten degrees.

#28 ·
good running car, I love LS combo's. I did my old coupe about 7-8 years ago now.

#30 ·
get the right 6.0 and you can get the big heads on it from factory. BUT, many say they dont run good cause the valves are too shrouded by the cylinder...Ive went 6.30@107, you be the judge. lol My old 302 ran 6.82 on gas. No way a sbf can run as good with stock parts. My buddies 351 did out run me, he has been 6.27 on alky, i only went 6.28. He had aftermarket heads, bored block, more compression big tire car with glide and lots of gear. I do it on 275s.

#31 ·
OP that white Fox runs good. For anybody thinking about this combo,You can buy an LY6 6.0L out of a van from around 2007 to 2009 and it comes with the square port heads. They go for around $12 to $1600 . This motor with a cam and springs will make close to 500HP.

I really like the Coyote motor and my next project will be a Coyote Fox but you cant beat the HP per dollar of an LS motor and they will take allot of abuse.

#32 ·
Thanks guys. After seeing the coyote stock guys going 6.3 with only 440 whp and no torque with a stick I realize my car is what held me back. Its not really setup to race. This combo in the right car would go 6.1-6.2. I sold this engine about a month ago. Got a new one in the works. Ls7:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.