Ford Mustang Forums banner

what has everyone done for GAUGES

13K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  wishahada50 
#1 ·
im coming down to the end of my ls1 swap sn95 car, now im at the point where I need oil/temp/volt/rpm gauges, so what has everyone done for their gauge needs?

im a stock 2002 ls1 with stock ecu and modified harness

#3 ·
Glasstek Dash.....
Custom Gauge Panel designed by me
Autometer Tach, speedo, and fuel gauge
all the rest are Holley EFI digital universal programmable gauges.
plus a PCS Gear Gauge to communicate with my TCI Trans Controller

you can see the gauges in action in this video...
25 seconds into it till about 48 seconds...

Project Blasphemy - Walk Around 408 LSx Procharger F1c Mustang Foxbody - YouTube

#5 ·
No...
Holley Universal Digital Gauges only work with Holley EFI products (Avenger/HP/Dominator)

#7 ·
Some people choose to run an F-body cluster within the Mustang gauge surround. To me it looks weird but many have done it. Many others have done a full custom cluster like myself using gauges from autometer for example. I used a piece of carbon fiber and made a backing plate for the gauges to sit in.

#9 ·
Autometer gauges come with sensors...
Except for the speedometers... you gotta supply your own hall effect sensor for that.
And the tachometers have add on pieces if you need to use an inductive style pickup...or they take any standard square wave tach signal..the ls1 ecu has a wire that outputs a tach signal(set tach to 4cylinder mode)

#10 ·
for the stock Dash ion a 98-02 Fbody.....

that was my last car...2001 Camaro Z28
and I had made a dash plate to put a bunch of gauges in...
I started with all Autometer Gauges...and when Upgraded from the stock ECU to the Holley I just replace some of the gauges with Holley Gauges so I could lose a a lot of wiring clutter and cut down on sensors

#15 ·
I have an update to my dash...
with the Recent Release of the Holley Dash (and me being a beta tester)
I have changed my Dash in my mustang a little bit

I still have the Autometer Tach/Speedo/Fuel Gauge
and I kept a few of the Holley Universal Digital Gauges...
but I added in the New Holley 553-106 Digital LCD Dash

#19 ·
you can use the stock gauges. autometer makes an adapter to put a pipe thread sending unit in the back of the block where the stock oil pressure sender was on the ls block. then you use the original ford wire and oil pressure sending unit. same with the temp gauge. you can get an adapter and put in the back side of the passenger head where the allen head plug is. Or you can drill and tap the top of the waterpump if you have room or get a heater hose adapter to put a sending unit in. Use the stock ford temp sending unit and wires. For the tach you can run the signal wire from the ls computer to the ford tach, then adjust the tach signal in the tune to 4hi-4lo and the tach will work like stock. You can even make the speedometer work using a gps sending unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.