Ls1 swap k-member - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Mixed Breed Tech > Mixed-platform Engine & Drag Racing Tech

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Ls1 swap k-member

what k-member is everyone using for this swap? It seems like most are using the aje, Has anyone done the swap with a team z sbc swap k-member?http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/prod...k-memswap3.htm If so what motor mounts did you use for it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #2

I emailed teamz and they said that there k-member doesnt work with (or at least they have not tried it with) and ls1. I just bought an AJE k-member. Some use the stock k-member with modified 4.6 mounts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dville_gt View Post
I emailed teamz and they said that there k-member doesnt work with (or at least they have not tried it with) and ls1. I just bought an AJE k-member. Some use the stock k-member with modified 4.6 mounts.
I pmed dave at team z this morning on yb and he said he just had a customer do this swap using there sbc swap k-member and to use the shortest moroso sbc solid mount and the ls1 adapter plate so that's what I'm planning to use when I do mine.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #4

why not an aje?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (17)

I have a new team z k member, mocked up and rolled around never had an engine on it. Pm me if interested
Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (5)

My LQ4 swapped 93 coupe has a stock K-member with modified 4.6 motor mounts and steel studs welded to the iron block for the rear mounting hole on the 4.6 mounts. I am swapping to an AJE or PA racing K-member in the winter to save weight. You can fit everything with a stock fox k-member, or a stock sn95 k-member, but you may have to trim them up and modify/run a different oil pan to get clearance. Somehow the guy who put together my car got everything to fit...but it works for the time being!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (4)

benny could you post pics of the modified 4.6 mount?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelsmustangs View Post
benny could you post pics of the modified 4.6 mount?

jump on ls1tech.com and search the conversion area. there's a few write ups on how to do it.

and i used a team z sbc k member. heard too many fitment issues with aje stuff. i've always used team z and know their stuff works everytime
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (2)

We just finished our LS/LSX swap mounts for our SBC K member and test fit it It's all good!
Find us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Z-Motorsports/191572224404
Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (118)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Z View Post
We just finished our LS/LSX swap mounts for our SBC K member and test fit it It's all good!
Dave,
What headers did you use?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #11

Trader Feedback: (8)

Just ordered my Team Z k member ill let everyone know about the fit! looks like some nice ####!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
S2H

Team z here... No issues..
I'm using a motor plate

My Build Thread- http://forums.corral.net/forums/mixed-platform-engine-drag-racing-tech/1398689-project-blasphemy-lsx-foxbody.html
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #13

Trader Feedback: (8)

Just got my team z tonight and mounted it but i noticed that when input the motor mount on theres a lot of space, do the motor mounts just get bolts and clamp the k member?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #14

Trader Feedback: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91fiveohnotch View Post
Just got my team z tonight and mounted it but i noticed that when input the motor mount on theres a lot of space, do the motor mounts just get bolts and clamp the k member?

same question- looks like you may have to shim it with washers or tighten the hell out of it and actually bend the mount to conform to the K member.

Im also having a tough time with the oil pan hitting the k member on the passenger side. did you gets your to sit in there ok ? if so what oil pan ?

thanks.
600whp
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #15
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (46)

Garage
Anyone else running the Team-Z? Which oil pan are you using?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #16

Whats wrong with an AJE I got mine used for $250 with the motor mounts and a lsx is a freaking bolt in it takes the same mounts as a sbc or bbc. plus most hedders are made around the AJE k-member. plus i like their modular design, as in they have 1 k-member and a butt load of different mounts for what ever engine you want. so say i wanted to go back with a ford 408W in my car all i would have to do is get the AJE mounts for a 351W and it would bolt in with out changing the k_member and having to re-align my car.

I guess my question is why make it difficult on yourself, when there are parts available where you do not have to modify anything or have to worry about fitment.

Last edited by v8sten; 12-27-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #17
Corral Elite Member

Garage
Because I already bought a Team-Z lol. On a serious note, always been pleased with Team-Z products. The quality and customer service is second to none. Got a good deal and picked up a bunch of Team-Z stuff

K-member
Control Arms
Mounts
All new hardware
Tubular radiator support
CC plates
Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #18
S2H

I used the Fbody Pan...and did a custom modification...

some options that work without any modification are the Moroso 20141 and the Moroso 21150
as well as the CTS-V pan and one of the Truck Pans
My Build Thread- http://forums.corral.net/forums/mixed-platform-engine-drag-racing-tech/1398689-project-blasphemy-lsx-foxbody.html
Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #19
Corral Elite Member

Garage
Those Moroso pans are nice but man they are pricey.I may look into the CTS-V pan at some point. Your modified pan looks good but I have zero skills required for that lol.

Any modifications required to the pick up tube when you modified the pan?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #20
S2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman1972 View Post
Those Moroso pans are nice but man they are pricey.I may look into the CTS-V pan at some point. Your modified pan looks good but I have zero skills required for that lol.

Any modifications required to the pick up tube when you modified the pan?
No other modification necessary... its why I did it like that.

eventualy I want to buy one of the moroso pans anyways...better baffles, rear pickup... but that is later down the road when the budget permits....I have other fish to fry first.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #21
Corral Elite Member

Garage
May see if I can find a deal on a F-body pan. I can cut it and fit it all up, I'll just have to take it somewhere and have it welded. Too many unknowns with this Team-Z K-member!! lol
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #22
S2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman1972 View Post
May see if I can find a deal on a F-body pan. I can cut it and fit it all up, I'll just have to take it somewhere and have it welded. Too many unknowns with this Team-Z K-member!! lol

I dont know why you say there are too many unknowns......
plenty of info out there, just have to be willing to look...

try looking over on LS1tech.com in the Conversions and hybrids section.... LOTS of good info for LS1's swapped into Mustangs.

also, dont cut any more than I did in that picture... the pickup tube is right at the edge there... and you have to modify the top baffle a little too... but its just grinding down one spot a little bit.

Last edited by S2H; 12-28-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #23
Corral Elite Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2H View Post
I dont know why you say there are too many unknowns......
plenty of info out there, just have to be willing to look...

try looking over on LS1tech.com in the Conversions and hybrids section.... LOTS of good info for LS1's swapped into Mustangs.
Give me a little credit here. I dont just get on here and ask questions without searching till my eyes get blurry first lol. So I'm definitely "willing to look". I spend 10x more time over there than I do here. What I meant was...the norm is the AJE K-member, because thats what most people run. So everyone knows exactly what works and what doesn't. Not a whole lot of people running the Team-Z, some still some experimenting going on. I know for a fact that one of those Moroso (21150) pans wont work. Grey86hatch just sold his because of that. Definitely don't want to spend $600+ on a oil pan and it doesn't work. I'm sure you saw the thread where Dave from Team-Z was on there, and even he was still trying to figure out what works and what doesnt.

Last edited by TxFireman1972; 12-28-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement