Ford Mustang Forums banner

Indy Hangout - The Good, the Bad, the Fast.

398K views 10K replies 81 participants last post by  Venomous1 
#1 ·
Time to start a new thread. :evilgrin:

Kyle

#2,281 ·
From what Tim was saying is I shouldn't really have a problem with the tire spinning on the rim as the power i'm making is low. The problem comes from if the tube spins and rips the valve stem out that's not gonna be good, lol.

I got a kick outta drilling the wheels last night. Don't really care what they look like as they will only see track use.

This week off for spring break is NICE!

#2,282 ·
Picked up some used original seat covers for the 7Up vert($80 for set!!!)and watched a tutorial on install and I must say I did NOT have an Ah Ha moment during that tutorial, more like an Ah #### moment. Anybody on here installed seat covers before and if so, is it really as scary as it seems?

#2,286 ·
Not a problem Rich.

I have the Hawk HPS pads on my car along with PowerSlot rotors and Russel Stainless Steel brakes lines. Works great, no squealing either.

#2,289 ·
Ben's car is close to having winter mods complete. McLeod will ship rebuild RXT back by end of this week and 3:73's will be installed this weekend. Found broken spider gears in rear when pulled differential. Going back with stock cobra 31 spline differential and installing studs on end caps. Concerned that being a turbo car will be too much gear. Calculator says it will still be good to 146 mph in 4th. Should make it more fun on the street though. Might use 6th gear now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2,290 ·
Good morning all!

I need a sick day. With Rachel pregnant and Gage running around, I feel like I never get a break. I need a day like today when Rachel is at work and Gage is at daycare to just lay in bed all day.

Bob - sounds like a plan. What did it cost to rebuild the RXT? I am guessing mine will need to be done at the end of this season. I am looking at the gears too. It really depends on how high I can spin the motor. If I can go to 7000 then I can stay with the 3.73, otherwise I will be dropping mine down to 3.55.

LT

#2,292 ·
Dropped the slicks, tubes, wheels and rim screws off at Automotion. Should be done here in a couple of hours. Will post pic's with them on the car when I get a chance.

Morning everyone.

Friday is looking nice, next week not so much.

BTW, I love...this...car.

#2,295 ·
Good morning everyone!

Finally, Friday!!! Tomorrow I will be painting the baby's room!!!

LT

#2,296 ·
Well, I decided to plasti-dip my rims on my truck this weekend. This is about 5 coats and three coats of the glossifier. We will see how it holds up, I am also thinking about removing my chrome door handle covers.

#2,297 ·
Wheels turned out pretty good! Should hold up alright with that many coats.

I'm hoping to get my 3550 out of my coupe and put in the GT this week. Then I'll have the coupe for sale so I can buy some go fast for the GT.

#2,299 ·
Still got those M&H's Bob, their yours if you want them.

Helped Timmy out on the blue car that he is building. Got the fenders, nose, hood and hood struts installed today.

Ordered a Maximum Motorsports steering shaft. Tim gave me one but its for a manual rack. Hopefully this will clear up the sloppyness in the steering wheel that the car has had since I bought it. Will also help with some header clearance issues that i've had in the past.

Slicks should be ready by Tuesday. One of the tubes had a hole in it. So Brandon at Automotion has to order another one. Good thing I found it before I left and put it on the car!

#2,300 ·
Wheels look good on that truck. The plasti-dip is still holding up well on my vert. I have been watching some youtube vids on that stuff and the things they are doing with it are pretty crazy. The seat covers for the vert fell through because they were not the type with the bolsters like I needed so I will be buying new ones from 5.0Resto. Still looking for recommendations on a place to have them put on that isn't gonna rape me. Hoping to make it down to Franks this week to pick up the cylinders for my power top because cruising solo sucks when it takes 2 people to put top back up. lol

#2,301 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for a place to get fenders rolled? Got some new shoes for my Supra and I don't think I'm going to have enough clearance in boost after I drop it without setting the coilovers super stiff.

Also, strongly considering getting rid of it this summer. Mustang could be in the 9s for what I've wasted on this car lol

#2,304 ·
Good morning everyone!

Working in AL this week and pulling 12+ hrs. What joins!

LT

#2,305 ·
Morning!

Took the Versa in for an oil change yesterday. $30 at Andy Mohr Nissan here in Avon. They use Amsoil 5w-30 which is cool. Plus, I really don't wanna deal with that car. The Mustang, sure, i'll work on that as I enjoy it. The daily? Nope, leave it alone and let the dealer mess around with it. Kinda nice that whenever you take your car in you get a free car wash too.

Waiting for the call from Automotion. Hopefully they will get the new tube in today and the slicks will be ready to go tonight. Can't wait to see what it will look like with them on the car.

Just waiting on the slicks and that steering shaft that I ordered from Latemodel and the car will be driveable again.

This snow this morning is pitiful, good thing it will be gone here in a couple of hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.