Project Discreet - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #36 of 43 Old 02-14-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Ooop, just figured out how to use multi-quote.

jsimmonstx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #37 of 43 Old 02-14-2017, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGT View Post
Are you going to use the stock hood with a giant hole then?
I have a Cervini 2-inch cowl, but yeah, giant hole. I'm going to start measuring today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimey View Post
Was this car at Cars and Coffee this weekend in Austin?
Yeah, that's what the picture is from.

jsimmonstx is offline  
post #38 of 43 Old 02-17-2017, 08:11 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas/Houston
Posts: 1,109
Cool stuff man! Did the shop tune the carbs or are you good with them?
5.0thunder is online now  
 
post #39 of 43 Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0thunder View Post
Cool stuff man! Did the shop tune the carbs or are you good with them?
It had a monster lean tip-in condition, so I tore the carbs apart (to see what was in 'em), and bumped all the jest up two sizes. The lean tip in is gone, but now it runs kinda rich all the time. I think I'm gonna try bumping the primary air bleeds up one size and the secondaries down one size, and see what happens.

In the mean time, it runs really well.
jsimmonstx is offline  
post #40 of 43 Old 02-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas/Houston
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
It had a monster lean tip-in condition, so I tore the carbs apart (to see what was in 'em), and bumped all the jest up two sizes. The lean tip in is gone, but now it runs kinda rich all the time. I think I'm gonna try bumping the primary air bleeds up one size and the secondaries down one size, and see what happens.

In the mean time, it runs really well.
ought to get a wideband in the exhaust to make sure you're getting the right ratios. I thought usually lean tip-in was remedied with accelerator pump adjustments but not real sure. I always sucked with carbs and just tune standalone ECU's instead. lol
5.0thunder is online now  
post #41 of 43 Old 02-17-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0thunder View Post
ought to get a wideband in the exhaust to make sure you're getting the right ratios. I thought usually lean tip-in was remedied with accelerator pump adjustments but not real sure. I always sucked with carbs and just tune standalone ECU's instead. lol
Well, there are a lot of remedies for lean tip-in: power values (mine are plugs, so no worries), jets, and air bleeds. There are additional things to check for double pumpers.

I have an air/fuel gauge in the car. It idles at 9-10, and runs (part throttle) at 10-12. I'd like it to be a bit leaner, but you gotta be careful with the older roots blowers. It's better to run rich than lean.
jsimmonstx is offline  
post #42 of 43 Old 02-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas/Houston
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmonstx View Post
Well, there are a lot of remedies for lean tip-in: power values (mine are plugs, so no worries), jets, and air bleeds. There are additional things to check for double pumpers.

I have an air/fuel gauge in the car. It idles at 9-10, and runs (part throttle) at 10-12. I'd like it to be a bit leaner, but you gotta be careful with the older roots blowers. It's better to run rich than lean.
I'm in the same boat with roots tuning a sbf. lol




I shoot for 13-13.3 at idle and stoich during cruise. it seems to be okay with these settings so far. I tuned in an afterstart and warmup enrichment to give it more fuel until the engine warms up, as well as an IAC valve to supply air during warmup. This is what I was talking about with carb tuning driving me into EFI. Lol

I also have acceleration enrichment that injects more fuel based on TPS opening Rate, so the faster you stomp the throttle, the more burst it supplies. Allows for great tip-in response.
5.0thunder is online now  
post #43 of 43 Old 02-25-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 81
Got the SVE drag wheels and Mickey T's on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car with blower_01.jpg (101.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg car with blower_02.jpg (105.9 KB, 12 views)
jsimmonstx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome