Ford Mustang Forums banner

From drug runner to drag car..91 notch

78K views 514 replies 52 participants last post by  FoxBodyFonz 
#1 ·
Figured I'd start a thread while I build my car, the car originated from Alabama where it had a sad start to life, the car was used to transport drugs and moonshine without bring to much attention to its self so the car was dolled up like a ssp with the black 10 holes and paint like the asp. Well the car was seized buy police and used as a undercover car for a few years before a family friend bought the car and took it to California where it had a nice life as a cleaned up dd but was shipped here to Michigan and sat for 2 years and after a failed attempt at building my 86 I bought this one.. As of now the car is gutted waiting for the cage to go in.

More details to follow. After work that is

See less See more
#2 ·
Some more info on the build

357w 13.5:1
Victor jr heads and Intake topped with a Barry grant gold claw carb
576/600 cam also will be using a c4 with ultra bell 4000 stall full man rev pattern.

Also I'll be putting these on the car
15x5.25 195/65/15
15x8.5 255/60/15 et street radials

#8 ·
I went carb because I already had the victor jr and a carb because the motor was previously built for a blow thru turbo my dads car is also carb (10,000rpm 327)... The color in the valve covers is ford racing blue powdercoat form ford racing (or summit sells them too) but this is NOT the last motor for the car.. Already planing out a bigger pump gas motor.

#7 ·
Got the rear end some what back together today at work, 8.8 with 9" ends and sn95 disc brakes 31 spline axles with 03/04 cobra diff

And let's not forget about the rear suspension

I hope to have the rear end and new suspension with the new rims on the car in the next few weeks

Also got my long tube headers back from ceramic coating. Boy they look great ill have to post pics of them later

#11 ·
Thanks you. I'm making slow progress. A lot going on in my neck of the woods. Getting married in may and looking for a house while trying toget the car together for next season. The motor will look better when I put the new water pump on. The one on it is just as old as me lol we used it to mock up the alternator bracket

#13 ·
Ful length subframe connectors, 8 point roll cage, 8.8 rear end, team z relocated uppers and double adjustable lowers, strange shocks/struts. V8 rear springs with 1 coil cut. Pa racing tubular k member with tubular arms, strange coil overs 12" 150 lbs springs and team z caster camber plates. Flaming river manual rack, manual brakes... Nothing chassis/suspension wise is origanl to the car. I basically bought the car for the shell. The dash and interior plastic is the only orignal parts on the inside I'm keeping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.