my 88 foxbody vert - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Member Build-Up Projects

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

my 88 foxbody vert

sup everyone. im new here. just got my first domestic. an 88 foxbody convertable with the 2.3L 4cyl automatic (ive allways loved foxbody but prefered the 5.0 GT hatchs. but i got a deal i couldnt pass up!)
here she is day 1 (after reinstalling the rear rear window still need to aling them lol and i traded the wirewheel hubcaps for some chrome trim rings off my friends aerostar. also installed his old aerstar tape deck since the screen didnt work on my deck. but i have a new kenwood deck for it just need installion kit)

day 3 and 4

will keep this thread updated as progress comes along and will add more info later
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #2

got the old frozen ac compresser out today along with the bracket. lines and stuff will come out soon... also got the drivers side rear window adjusted a bit better...passenger side is way to far out of alingment...thoses damn windows are evil lol...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

keep up the work man!, a little money and time goes a long way with these cars
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (8)

Your going to get addicted and bit with the mod bug lol have fun man!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGreenacher View Post
keep up the work man!, a little money and time goes a long way with these cars
thanks man! this is definitly a car i can put some money and elbow greese in to and feel proud when im done
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNotch306 View Post
Your going to get addicted and bit with the mod bug lol have fun man!
i got mod bug since when i was 12 haha. started working on cars and had my own at 13...was a ricer back then however hahaha..

and already addicted to foxbody and have plans to mod this car!! cant wait to go the junkyard and grab a ranger header

also want to find a decently priced 5.0 hatch when i have some money saved up to start another project once i get this one setup as a nice daily driver
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #7

well sob...just made a better intake (will be a cold air intake going in to the fender once i get another coupler and some hose clamps) blocked off the egr, and unpluged the knock sensor...was letting her idle and noticed she was reving up smoother.went under the hood to listen and saw coolant pissing out of the water pump...
Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #8

new water pump in. the above listed stuff definitely made a difference! not racecar kind but she goes off the line a little better and ALOT better on the hills ...also my love for this car went up 9000times when it took like 10 mins to change the water pump...so much easier then the damn sideways engine imports
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #9

Trader Feedback: (4)

I have to say, Those beauty rings really make those wheels look 100 times better.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925GT View Post
I have to say, Those beauty rings really make those wheels look 100 times better.
thanks! i do agree fully. i hated the spoked wire wheel caps . and thought it looked hella ghetto with bare steelies...a little bit of gloss black paint and the chrome beauty rings really set it off

well im excited . come monday i will be ordering a new transmission modulator , filter/gasket and fulid. and in about a week ill be going to the junkyard and hopefully coming back with a ranger header
Sponsored Links
Advertisement