88 GT. First Mustang, no motor and no trans. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Tech Forums > Member Build-Up Projects

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (6)

88 GT. First Mustang, no motor and no trans.

Relatively new on here. I have been buying some parts, and gathering some info, and then came across the build section. I dont know if anyone will even care..but it looked like a good place to document my first mustang and get some feedback, positive or negative.

I am actually a good bit through with this..started in Feb....and since I just noticed this section I have a lot of back logging I can do to catch up to where I am now.

So background maybe? (any pointers on the kind of info to add or avoid would be appreciated). I had a 99 Dodge Dakota truck in high school. Innocent enough, until I made some friends with some car nuts. Couple years and several grand later I had a dakota with a H/C/I package, headers, and nitrous. imagine a 4200 LB extra cab truck that ran high 12's in 2001. the hobby got too expensive entering college so off the truck went and I have been in full size f-150's ever sense.

Now with a wife and kid, I assumed my car days were behind me..but always still had that itch for a REAL car..and I always love the foxes.

So here's where I am. Friend was just chatting one day and mentioned his cousin had a 88 with no motor and tranny, planned on building it up but ran into money trouble. Before I even knew what happened I picked it up for a grand..89 wiring harness, and he threw in a t-5 he just found. SO this is where I started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-01-29_16-43-09_317.jpg (120.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-29_16-44-04_123.jpg (106.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-29_16-43-43_246.jpg (96.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-01-29_16-43-27_674.jpg (77.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-06-05_14-31-56_89.jpg (55.4 KB, 20 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Wink

Anyone that knows how to imbed pictures inline, instead of them just showing as attachments at the bottom, I'd love to know.

Last edited by nv40; 07-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (94)

Garage
Hey, Welcome to the Corral, I'm building my 88 also, my first hci build.
Looks like you got some work to do, have ya got a plan yet
Old 08-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #4

Actually I have a good amount done since this was posted. I never really followed up because it looked like nobody was really reading these buildup threads.

I should probably continue posting just for my own good...good way to have a log file of what I did for years down the road in case I wanted to go back and look.

So what do you have? What's your plan?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (3)

Allot of people look at the build threads, just not allot post. Keep posting pics of your progress and people will post.

Goodluck with the build
Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #6

Thanks man.

The main thing I need to dobis figure out how people post pics inline...easier to describe what is being posted than just a pile of pics at the bottom of the thread.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv40 View Post
Thanks man.

The main thing I need to dobis figure out how people post pics inline...easier to describe what is being posted than just a pile of pics at the bottom of the thread.

I use photobucket. Upload the photos there and use the Img codes to post them in the thread and/or post.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (94)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nv40 View Post
Actually I have a good amount done since this was posted. I never really followed up because it looked like nobody was really reading these buildup threads.

I should probably continue posting just for my own good...good way to have a log file of what I did for years down the road in case I wanted to go back and look.

So what do you have? What's your plan?

Mines almost done, I have a build thread, my first TFS hci. its the first one I'm building.

I had an 03 cobra K.B. 2,4 with a 4:10 gear, putting down 571 rwhp.
of course I didnt build that one. Tim at Modular Power house in canton Ga did.
I beat it to death in a few years an sold it.

figured I'd try an build one myself, lol its a lot cheaper.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (23)

where are you going with this one? I have built a car from just a shell. Not the ideal way to go unless you have a parts car sitting next to it. Fill us in on what you have done and what you would like to do and we can help you better. As far as the pix I like photobucket. They even have a mobile app that makes hosting pics a snap whether you are on a pc or a phone.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stykthyn View Post
where are you going with this one? I have built a car from just a shell. Not the ideal way to go unless you have a parts car sitting next to it. Fill us in on what you have done and what you would like to do and we can help you better. As far as the pix I like photobucket. They even have a mobile app that makes hosting pics a snap whether you are on a pc or a phone.
I really do plan on updating this now that I have gotten some feedback...just been a busy week. I am pretty far along, as least in my opinion, but this is my first build so I might have no clue lol.

Budget wise I have managed to get most of the stuff I need to get it on the road...but it will probably cruise around ugly for a while while I save for a paint job since I went way over budget on the rest of the car.

By this weekend I hope to have most of my photos up on photo bucket and then i can update my progress. Again, the pics you see above are from when I got the car at the start of this year...it doesnt look any different on the outside, but the inside and under the hood have come a long ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement