Does anyone like the 2015 mustang body style? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Does anyone like the 2015 mustang body style?

I was wondering if I was the only person that likes the 2015 body style? Also, how do you all feel about the turbo 4 possibly replacing the v6?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #2

Heres a link for anyone that hasn't seen it

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/w...ncept-2011.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (18)

Good god, that better just be a concept.. I really hope that doesn't go into production.

TFS, D1, 6061, 3650, etc. Lol
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

It's been confirmed that it is going to look just like that, the reason they're doing it is to better appeal to the global community. The current mustang looks dare I say "too American" for people overseas
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (3)

^ I am almost 100% certain your completely wrong lol... Have yoou looked at the new fusion lately? It looks a lot like that design... (link below)

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-cont...-Placement.jpg
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (1)

dont care what it looks like - but it better have an IRS.
All power and A/C
Old 09-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (5)

I think it looks pretty damn awesome. But I also like Astons.

'84 LTD LX - "Hey, watch this!" - common sense delete
10.55 @ 129.34 w/1.43 60' - footbraking the AOD on small QTPs!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #8

Yes I know it looks just a like the fusion but they both are based off of the Aston, and it is suppose to have an IRS accordin to the leaked photos of the test cars and according to several other sites
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (6)

Thats not the Mustang

This is: (click the pic)
92 GT w/Stock Block 347 @ 10.2:1, Flat Top forged probes with forged eagle crank and H beam rods, Canfield 195's with Ed Curtis LS1 springs, Buddy Rawls custom hyd cam, Tmoss ported Victor 5.0, 42lb injectors, 75mm Edelbrock TB, 90mm SCT2400, QH
Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #10

Wow, I hadn't seen the new Fusion. I love the way it looks... might be the ideal single-dad commuter mobile for our ungodly traffic. I may have just found the replacement for my aging A6 dd.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #11

Poor mans Austin Martin. I'm 50/50 on it in the way that I wouldn't mind having one, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket and sell my coupe. I like the lines of it but I'm disappointed Ford is trying to pull the Mustang away from its roots. It has always been a muscle car and should always be a muscle car. You don't see honda or Mercedes trying to make a muscle car. They stay with in their lines of what their customers buy. I see it as a bold move, but way to much of a move. Don't fix what isn't broken. The mustang crowd obviously isn't going any where so why go this route.
-Cobra brakes front and back-FR500s front and back with 315 rears
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2006v6 View Post
Yes I know it looks just a like the fusion but they both are based off of the Aston, and it is suppose to have an IRS accordin to the leaked photos of the test cars and according to several other sites
Exactly my point, but I don't see it be as appeal as say the 03 cobra or the new cobra for that matter. Doesn't have that look to it. In my opinion Ford already extend the styling of the mustang as far as it should go with the new models out currently. Like I said I wouldn't be disappoint to see one in my drive way, but if I saw a 03 cobra or new cobra next to it I would drive that.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh87chpnotch View Post
Poor mans Austin Martin.
I would have to say the old adage, "Poor man's XXXX" doesn't apply anymore. Cars have become disposable commodities - the technologies they now incorporate becomes more intrusive to the core of the vehicle, and much harder to upgrade to keep up with day to day needs of real people who rely on such technologies to conduct business. Only the super-cheap cars are not on the scale. Remember, you can now buy a $50,000k + Hyundai. When they first came out, I believe they were priced under $5k. Cars these days only have to meet people's needs and not break (too soon). Typically, ultra-high performance cars are piloted (around these parts) by tools who have no business driving them, but are self-compensating for their ill-gotten gains - I'm thinking of K Street here, Wall Street in Manhattan and just about any professional athletic organization. Around here, it's especially amusing to watch these people inch these things along as they sit festering in two hour traffic jams while pedestrians pass on the pavement. Occasionally, they get pissed off and pilot their penis mobiles at warp speed into a jersey barrier, light post, whatever - last one I saw do that was an Audi R8. I almost peed myself. I've got a picture on my old cell phone of a Hummer upside down, and another of a Hummer on what have to be 36" wheels.

These days, I, like most, am merely looking for a commuter podule with decent space and looks, nice leather seats, some level of luxury accoutrements, good stereo and great connectivity. I no longer need to be devastated when some mentally handicapped soccer mom slams the door of her school-bus-nee-Suburban-whatever into my driver. Or when I hand the keys to the monkey dressed as a valet in a parking garage downtown and pay him $30 a day for the privilege of parking my car by the braille method. My current Audi's rear bumper has been repainted three times at the expense of these morons.

Bottom line - I applaud the hell out of Ford for their forward thinking - the new Mustang is an awesome (if not impractical for most) car at an unbelievably affordable price point and moving away from purely retro styling is a timely and highly cogent move.

For the record, my current and past daily driver list consists of 5 Audis, 3 Lincolns (I LOVED my Mark VIII - but it was awful in snow), 2 LTD LXs (one of which is in my sig and the other was my daily driver when I was in college twenty years ago), and my first car, a Pontiac POS. Worst. Car. Ever.

Oh, yeah - the new Mustangs look fantastic. More of an homage than retro. I like that.

Well, I wrote it, so I'm gonna post it. Forgive my didactic monologue.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #14

Lol well played. Things like cars often end up beat to dead. It's all in the eyes of the beholder really. To each their own. I live in the bay area so I can relate to traffic and retards acting retarded. I also Have been working as a tow truck driver for the past 5 years and have seen just about everything related to automobile fails lol. I guess I like the idea of advancing Ford has in mind, but most people don't like change. Well at least until it changes and people have to adapt.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #15

Trader Feedback: (14)

Wow, that looks like an Aston Martin wannabe. Very few loyal Mustang enthusiasts would like it and the fact that quite a few Mustang buyers are repeat customers makes me think it's strictly a sell out minded move by Ford. Retro can be cool, but only if it's in line with the original build recipe and concept - that car is visually way too far out in left field for being called a Mustang. Absolutely hideous IMO

Looking at the brighter side, maybe this will increase the desirability (and value) of the older cars.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #16

On a side note maybe they should take the time and effort they have in this thing and focus on their diesel engines haha. Damn things are horrible. But that a different thread and forum all together haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #17

I'll bet you've seen far more automotive stupidity than I have. One time I watched two old guys intentionally drive into each other at 2 miles per hour as one refused to allow the other to merge in a traffic jam on the beltway.

One has to wonder if 35 years from now people will be looking for "vintage" gps software maps for the 2012 Genesis they're restoring or NOS rear view camera lenses.

That said, from a purely aesthetic perspective, I'm liking the direction Ford's fleet is going in (I despised the first Fusions). The Mustangs will be a hit, I think - perhaps not as much domestically as the 2005-2012 were, but they'll be far from failures (mustang II, anyone?) They are, as someone already mentioned, world-friendly designs, and with the ever-shrinking world concept, a smart move (in my opinion - feel free to slam me if I'm proved wrong in a few years). I think both Chevy and Dodge have failed in their similar attempts. The biggest downside, I fear, is the impracticality of a coupe design itself. I dunno about other places, but our parking spaces here are getting smaller, and those giant doors on the Mark VIII were a pita to open adequately in the nineties in any parking spot other than my driveway; much less now.

I also have a pic on that old cell phone of a smart car parked across two spaces. I'm gonna have to go and dig that thing up...

Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (13)

Quote:
It's been confirmed that it is going to look just like that, the reason they're doing it is to better appeal to the global community. The current mustang looks dare I say "too American" for people overseas
Mustangs are like the NFL. The rest of the world just does not get it. Ford will lose domestic sales and fail miserably trying to market that car outside the US.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #19

That looks cool; European. Now it only needs a good IRS. Ford needs to step up to the world performance market. That doesn't mean put a big HP motor in the same turd of a chassis. A solid axle is for trucks and drag racers.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #20

Trader Feedback: (8)

Garage
Quote:
Heres a link for anyone that hasn't seen it

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/w...ncept-2011.jpg

Yeah, that's just a 2013 Fusion concept pic. You can see the actual 2013 Fusion on Fords website.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
I was wondering if I was the only person that likes the 2015 body style? Also, how do you all feel about the turbo 4 possibly replacing the v6?

Great!

I've been waiting for an SVO replacement for a long time!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #22

I have to say so far I'm not really a fan of this new look, each to his own i guess.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #23

Trader Feedback: (7)

Looks, schmooks. Just PLEASE give me something that weighs 2700 lbs. instead of 3700......
Old 09-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Thats not the Mustang

This is: (click the pic)
Much better

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #25

These are renderings, but still pretty cool for the most part.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #26

Those are a little better. Still a little to European for me but better none the less.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #27

Trader Feedback: (4)

Those blue ones are bada$$!

Sent from a Greenpois0n iPhone
Old 09-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #28

Trader Feedback: (1)

I don't like it so much. Prefer the more rugged look of American muscle. Regardless, I don't have the $$ for one anyway...

I find it looks immense.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #29

Trader Feedback: (18)

And they still have damn antennas! LOL

TFS, D1, 6061, 3650, etc. Lol
Old 09-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #30

Reminds me of when Ford was considering replacing the Fox Mustang with what became the Probe-- front drive, based on the Mazda 626, biggest engine a V-6... you call that a Mustang?

Ford relented, and we got the '87 facelift to the Fox instead... and it sold well.

Who cares if the Mustang doesn't sell well in Europe? There are lots of Ford models, and no limit to the number of new ones they can make and put more appropriate names on if that is their wish. Is it so bad to have one American car that is unapologetically American rather than some Euro wannabe?

If Europeans want European looks, there are a bunch of actual European cars for them to choose from. Trying to out-Euro the Europeans seems like a foolish idea, especially for an American icon like the Mustang.

I would hate to see Ford strip the Mustang name of all of its meaning and just slap it on whatever car they want to sell at the moment. Think of the '80s Chevy Nova... on an Isuzu built frontdriving econo-box.

Most cars are butt-ugly today. Remember how hideous the Pontiac Aztek was when it first came out? I used to say to people to cut them a really wide berth in traffic, because they were obviously owned by visually impaired drivers. Now, they don't look so bad, right? Cause ugly is the norm.

I think the current Mustangs are quite nice looking. Those pictures in this thread... butt ugly.

A Mustang should have a long nose, short deck, 2 door, available V8, rear drive, and be unapologetically American (and not ugly, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder). Any less than that and it is doing what Chevy did with the Nova name.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #31

I like them all, but I like the first one best.

Not sure why people are so stuck on an IRS. I do have an IRS swapped in to mine but the biggest deficiency in Mustang suspension is the modified mcpherson front. Give us an SLA in the front.

I think the new Mustangs finally have a decent 5 link solid rear don't they?
Megasquirt
Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #32

I dont like it either, also reminds me of the Probe fiasco.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #33

Ditch the hatchback set-up.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #34

Trader Feedback: (6)

So when people say "It looks too European"...do they mean

or

or

or

92 GT w/Stock Block 347 @ 10.2:1, Flat Top forged probes with forged eagle crank and H beam rods, Canfield 195's with Ed Curtis LS1 springs, Buddy Rawls custom hyd cam, Tmoss ported Victor 5.0, 42lb injectors, 75mm Edelbrock TB, 90mm SCT2400, QH
Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #35

Comparing a mustang to a European super car is apples to oranges. Ford idea is a economical car that will fit both European and American markets. Both the above super cars are bad ass. It's kind of like having that Hyundai that looks like a Mercedes s500 while it looks nice it's still a Hyundai. Nothing wrong with that, but Americans are brand crazy when it comes to cars as are Europeans. Not to many American cars over there bc frankly we don't have the rep that European cars have. That said I don't see it being a very big hit weather looks like a typical mustang or a Lamborghini.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement