Police dog attacks school employee, mistaken as burglar - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Police dog attacks school employee, mistaken as burglar

It was a co-worker of mine in the IT department. Interesting situation.

Police dog attacks EVSC employee, mistaken as burglar » Evansville Courier & Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossnine View Post
It was a co-worker of mine in the IT department. Interesting situation.

Police dog attacks EVSC employee, mistaken as burglar » Evansville Courier & Press
That sucks!

INB4 Everyone here coulda done it better than the police
'94 Lightning #2978 = SOLD
'77 F-150 RCLB 2wd 408 cleveland in the works
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (22)

I am usually very skeptical of authority but that is one of those situations where everything just came together to create a bad day. The department paid for his med bills and they were classified as minor so it doesn't look like he will have any physical impairments. Maybe a nervous twitch whenever he sees a German Shepherd though.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
P63

Trader Feedback: (9)

I hope the victim bears no ill-will as a result.

They don't say whether the dog just nipped the guy or seriously hurt him. I hope it's not the latter.

Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #5

I've had guns drawn on me for a similar incident... thankfully no dog involved. I can't say I blame law enforcement for doing what they are trained to do.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #6

Trader Feedback: (12)

lol. talk about some goofy circumstances.

but why the hell was he crawling around on the floor?? I'd love to know his reason for that one. I can understand being by yourself in the lab on the weekend with not a/c on...and without that they can get HOT, and listening to music...but damn thats gross crawling on the floor in a public spot? I guess he was just getting jiggy with it??
Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz88 View Post

but why the hell was he crawling around on the floor?? I'd love to know his reason for that one. I can understand being by yourself in the lab on the weekend with not a/c on...and without that they can get HOT, and listening to music...but damn thats gross crawling on the floor in a public spot? I guess he was just getting jiggy with it??
IT... probably cable runs if they had a drop floor. Just a thought.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz88 View Post

I'm assuming he was running cables, or some other assorted IT related duty. shirtless and sagging no doubt, I would be suspicious also.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (22)

The only thing I think the police could have done to alleviate the situation was attempt to call the school admin staff and see if any work was being done. It probably seemed like a cut and dry situation to them that is why they didn't.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (60)

I love how its listed, "Police Dog Attacks.....". K9 warnings are given verbally via handler or PA. After 3-5 minutes, the K9 is released to search and APPREHEND, not attack.
Though its not stated and I wouldnt expect it to be, the dog and officers were doing what they are trained to. To acknowledge wrong doing, there is undisclosed info.
Too much gray area but this is far from the description..most would believe the K9 was released on the person.
Normally if there is an unsecured door admin/school officials would not be contacted or would not wait until personnel responded for obvious reason of a possible "suspect" doing more damage or getting away.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
P63

Trader Feedback: (9)

If there's a shirtless guy crawling around the school on the weekend, and I called to him several times without a response (which is what the article says happened), I think I would draw my taser to protect myself "just in case", but get closer to get the guy's attention.

They say that deaf people are terrified of LEOs due to such circumstances.

Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

Last edited by P63; 04-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #12

Ok got the whole scoop........wow was the paper wrong and the police clearly wrong in this situation.

Several key points:
He wasnt wearing ear phones, he had music on the PC.
He was shirtless, but not crawling on the floor. He was programming PCs for state testing
The only thing he heard was the door open to the classroom and a dog biting the #### out of his leg, which looks bad. If I can get a pic I'll show it.
7 police were there when it was all said and done, and they were joking around how some would get paid suspension because of this.
They made him wait 30 minutes bleeding on the floor before taking him to the hospital.
They ran his plates before going in, got his name, employer, and knew he was allowed to be there.........but said "he dont look like no teacher'

and on and on
Old 04-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #13

Of course that sounds terrible and clearly wrong on the officers part. However where did you get "the whole scoop"?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #14

I had lunch with the guy.........I trained him when he started here about a year ago.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #15

What guy? Not trying to bust your b****, just curious
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohpoepoe View Post
What guy? Not trying to bust your b****, just curious
The kid who had he leg chewed on like a steak.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #17

Rut roh, that doesnt sound good. Im sure you cant post it but I would imagine he has some future plans.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #18

Yea I'm sure he's doing his homework.........stand up guy though and I know he's not the type to abuse the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement