Alice Cooper vs Stephen Hawking - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Alice Cooper vs Stephen Hawking

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice copper
Jesus spent half his time dealing with demons and throwing them out of people. I don't think you just float around when you die - there's judgment, you either go to heaven or hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen hawking
heaven is a fairy story for those afraid of the dark
Discuss
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Alice Cooper isn't afraid of the dark...

.... he's what you FEAR when it's dark!




AC 1
SH 0
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

Last edited by P63; 02-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered User
 
J's 89's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Alabama
Posts: 25,514
Blog Entries: 1

Hawking has the better voice.
__________________
Jezekiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
The arrogance on knife forums is completely out of proportion to those people's place in the food chain...
J's 89 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

"but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 8:12

OK, so I am afraid of the dark. You would be foolish not to be.
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Depends on if you believe or if you don't. Nothing to discuss. Arguing about religion is more obnoxious than politics. At least with politics its interesting. Religion is nonsense.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame302 View Post
Depends on if you believe or if you don't. Nothing to discuss. Arguing about religion is more obnoxious than politics. At least with politics its interesting. Religion is nonsense.
It got you to respond ....
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

I don't believe, but I won't judge a man because he' on or off the god squad.

Let's compare:

Cooper

Alcoholic (recovering)
Alice Cooper
God Squad


Hawking

Astrophysicist
McHawking
Mod Squad




See, more similar than not.


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000

Last edited by mmeans; 02-29-2012 at 07:11 PM.
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post

Let's compare:

Cooper :
sober for 30 years
great guy, fun at parties
had more than his fill of life's pleasures


Hawking:
doesn't get the joke about the sad atom who's electron left him.
Thinks it's funny at McDonalds to order a Heisen-burger

fixed
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROJANII View Post
"but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Matthew 8:12

OK, so I am afraid of the dark. You would be foolish not to be.
The dark represents separation from God, and therefore, from each other: Despair.
It is not "dark" as in "dark places were unknown threats could be ready to pounce".

Still, I get your point.
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

Sober for 30 years but one drink away from no longer recovering. I have some of his vinyl and read a biography, maybe autobiography. I saw him on his TV specials and I think on that show that came on at midnight way back.

I've read Hawkin's book's and found them fascinating. He seemed to be a standard Oxford undergrad before being stricken with disease. I guess some folks seem to believe that makes him less than human. Their choice.


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80


Last edited by TROJANII; 02-29-2012 at 08:47 PM.
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
Sober for 30 years but one drink away from no longer recovering. I have some of his vinyl and read a biography, maybe autobiography. I saw him on his TV specials and I think on that show that came on at midnight way back.

I've read Hawkin's book's and found them fascinating. He seemed to be a standard Oxford undergrad before being stricken with disease. I guess some folks seem to believe that makes him less than human. Their choice.


Michael Means
Pretty unsporting, referring to a successfully recovered alcoholic as "one drink away from doom". Come on, Mr Means, you're better than that.

I don't think anyone considers Mr Hawking to be less than human. Who is of that opinion?





Oh, and by the way, J's89's comment is
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #13
Member
 
Floordford's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (15)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 3,692
Blog Entries: 1

Theres also the certainty that they are both wrong. Alice Cooper should not be who you look to as a guy that points you to God. And Stephen Hawking knows space and physics and is high on his own knowledge. I say both are bad options.
__________________
Sold-2000 GT-bolt ons and suspension. 273hp/ 309ft.lbs.
Good bye old friend
Floordford is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by P63 View Post
Pretty unsporting, referring to a successfully recovered alcoholic as "one drink away from doom". Come on, Mr Means, you're better than that.

I don't think anyone considers Mr Hawking to be less than human. Who is of that opinion?





Oh, and by the way, J's89's comment is
Unsporting, I suggest you attend an open AA meeting to understand just how these people are balancing on the edge IF they start to believe they can have just one drink.

IMO it seems that your posts lean to support anyone on the god squad and less supportive of those who choose not to believe. Just and observation, by no means fact but my interpretation.


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
Unsporting, I suggest you attend an open AA meeting to understand just how these people are balancing on the edge IF they start to believe they can have just one drink.

IMO it seems that your posts lean to support anyone on the god squad and less supportive of those who choose not to believe. Just and observation, by no means fact but my interpretation.


Michael Means
My friend, I hear what you are saying and do not deny the charge.

I was saddened by Dr Hawking's TV special, because it seemed to be a cry of anger on his part. If one rewatches it, early on Hawking makes the statement "ancient people thought disease was a curse from God... well what would they think if they saw ME?" The guy is clearly angry at God.

If you, Mr Means, were to have total creative license to create any TV special you wanted, none of us have any doubt it would be filled with your insightful (and often entertaining) opinions on Mustangs, civil rights, and maybe an expression of reserve regarding overzealous people. I seriously doubt you would spend the entire time God-bashing, as Dr Hawking did.

Actually, the "post 1" thought occurred to me as I was reading up on Alice Cooper at imdb. He is widely known as a very nice guy. A significant number of his quotes are in regards to the afterlife. Granted, that could just be to support his stage persona, but still, they contrast Dr Hawking's statements directly, and given that one guy is really cool and the other is angry at the world, that says something.

Help me out, Dr Hawking is a sub-atomic physicist, isn't he? How did he get this astrophysicist moniker?

... and he's certainly no expert on God. No more so than a bus driver or screwdriver repairman.
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by P63 View Post

I was saddened by Dr Hawking's TV special, because it seemed to be a cry of anger on his part. If one rewatches it, early on Hawking makes the statement "ancient people thought disease was a curse from God... well what would they think if they saw ME?" The guy is clearly angry at God.
THAT's what you got out of it? Hmmm.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Registered User
 
White05GT's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville NC
Posts: 864

WiKi sez Alice is a born again Christian and also the son of a minister.

Last edited by White05GT; 03-02-2012 at 01:09 AM.
White05GT is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame302 View Post
THAT's what you got out of it? Hmmm.
yep. After 10 minutes I couldn't take any more.


Went to "corral", incognito
and wrote my pro-ose
That Mr Means, he recognized me
and PEM ate all my po-osts.
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

I didn't see it as Hawking was knocking god either, but I suppose that's all from perspective. Skeptical, sure, and using lot's of that English humor when referring to god, of course but not knocking people's beliefs in a Supreme Diety or Dieties. I suppose that since I read his books I was prepositioned for his use of humor and skepticism when referring to god.

If you took offense, you are in your rights to do so but tome it was nothing more than a humorous look with a good dose of skepticism/sarcasm. Oh well, we can't all be the same as that would make earth kind of boring.

I deny any knowledge of this PEM, none, nothing.... /spits out the bad spirits...


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
If you took offense, you are in your rights to do so but tome it was nothing more than a humorous look with a good dose of skepticism/sarcasm.
I didn't take offense, I just found it to be tedious. Maybe the humor was above me.

FWIW, there are certain "social commentary comedy shows" that regularly offend me deeply, but I can take it, and I keep watching them. I can risk being offended if the payoff is insightful comedy from other perspectives.
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #21
Registered User
 
ThunderbirdFreeek's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Laclede, Missouri
Posts: 887

It's mostly about which of the Big Lies that one wants to believe in.

In Hawking's case...electrons have been proven to exist. Ask anyone from Hiroshima, Nagasaki, or Chernobyl.

Of course, religious fanatics have killed many people fighting over some bedtime story handed down for ages.

I can get along with most anybody, unless they start getting pushy about their beliefs...some of my best friends are highly religious, but we've made it a hard and fast rule to not discuss our beliefs. Worked well for the last 15 years.

To each their own...ya know.
__________________
'84, '87 Mustang. '97 Merc Mountaineer.
Powered by FORD.
ThunderbirdFreeek is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

Maybe the humor of the current Pope is above me as well. The guy that decided movign those rapist priests around from parish to parish was better than excommunication.

Maybe one day I will see the humor in his appointment.


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #23
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 2,614

I believe in God and I've never been afraid of the dark



just what I can't see in it LOL
__________________
1 bad Mustang, 2 slow Z28's, and a Sierra crewcab for the groceries.
Racenrik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
Maybe the humor of the current Pope is above me as well. The guy that decided movign those rapist priests around from parish to parish was better than excommunication.

Maybe one day I will see the humor in his appointment.


Michael Means
Right? IMHO All of organized religion is a damned farce regardless or weather or not it's based loosely on a sort of spiritual being. Religion is a lie, a tool, and the earliest form of brain washing/control. It's a man-made idea/concept. It's either spawn from an actual spiritual contact of some sort or out of primitive ignorance. I have no problem with those that have faith or buy into whatever particular religion tickles their fancy but it's too much for me when they get all preachy or quote nonsense "scripture" to you. It's self riotous and narcissistic.

Don't confuse religion with faith.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #25
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame302 View Post
Right? IMHO All of organized religion is a damned farce .
I disagree.
__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

You can all you want You have every right to. Doesn't mean that either of us are wrong. As most of these things end, we'll have to agree to disagree. We'll both know when we're on the other side of whatever "this" is.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #27
P63
Moderator
 
P63's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego, Ca USA
Posts: 10,124

The laugher is that your place in the Kingdom is undoubtably higher than mine!

__________________
Victor Marshall


Copyright 2013.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.
P63 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #28
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame302 View Post
You can all you want You have every right to. Doesn't mean that either of us are wrong. As most of these things end, we'll have to agree to disagree. We'll both know when we're on the other side of whatever "this" is.
Well, you both can't be right. Either there is a Heaven and Hell or there isn't.
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #29
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by P63 View Post
The laugher is that your place in the Kingdom is undoubtably higher than mine!

Uh ???


Quote:
Originally Posted by TROJANII View Post
Well, you both can't be right. Either there is a Heaven and Hell or there isn't.
Correct. However, the answer can't be known until your time here in the really real world is up.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #30
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

Actually, there is plenty of evidence for the correct answer (according to the Bible). If there wasn't, I would still rather be on the safe side (better safe than sorry).
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
Corral Charter Member
 
mmeans's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Pasadena, MD, US
Posts: 24,889

That's a lot of tithing I could save for me though, greedy gods.

Besides, I have a cousin that got me in the Book through his work as a missionary. Free pass, yippee!

Evidence, we have evidence that there is a supreme being? Was it found by one of those NASA space craft?


Michael Means
__________________
bot mm9000

Last edited by mmeans; 03-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
mmeans is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #32
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROJANII View Post
Actually, there is plenty of evidence for the correct answer (according to the Bible). If there wasn't, I would still rather be on the safe side (better safe than sorry).
The only evidence the bible provides is the fact that somebody wrote a book. Believe in it if you will but it proves nothing. "Better to be safe than sorry" is a poor reason to subscribe to any religion/faith.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #33
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shame302 View Post
The only evidence the bible provides is the fact that somebody wrote a book. Believe in it if you will but it proves nothing. "Better to be safe than sorry" is a poor reason to subscribe to any religion/faith.
I didn't say the Bible was the evidence.
"Better safe than sorry" is only a poor reason until a person is in hell.
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
Registered User

Trader Feedback: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
That's a lot of tithing I could save for me though, greedy gods.

Besides, I have a cousin that got me in the Book through his work as a missionary. Free pass, yippee!

Evidence, we have evidence that there is a supreme being? Was it found by one of those NASA space craft?


Michael Means
"could" means you tithe?

Mormon?

Yes. No.
TROJANII is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #35
Registered User
 
shame302's Avatar

Trader Feedback: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Templeton TaxAndScrewUs
Posts: 2,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROJANII View Post
I didn't say the Bible was the evidence.
"Better safe than sorry" is only a poor reason until a person is in hell.
Semantics. Also, that's your opinion. Believing out of fear is kind of like stealing. IMHO, it's the wrong way, and it's phony.
shame302 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
© 2010-2011 Corral.net

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.