Editors: letter to my bride for our wedding day - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Editors: letter to my bride for our wedding day

Those of you that are good with words, would you please look over this letter that I plan to give my bride on our wedding day? I will be handwriting it in caligraphy in case she would like to save it. I would greatly appreciate any edits/advice you may have.

My Darling Wife,

On our wedding day I find it difficult to find words to express all that you mean to me. From the moment we met, I knew my life would forever be changed. On that day, an angel appeared before me with eyes so captivating I lose myself in their gaze, a smile that can brighten the darkest depths of oceans, and a voice that just its very whisper overfills my heart with incredible joy.

Today is the happiest day of my life as I marry my best friend. Words do not need to be spoken, our hearts and souls communicate perfectly in sync the beauty of the love we share. While we have already shared an amazing journey, I am reminded that today only marks the beginnning of the rest of our lives together. We have so much happiness ahead of us, a lifetime of love, and a lifetime to create wonderful memories.

On this day I want to thank you. Thank you for being the light that brightens my life. Thank you for being the warmth that comforts me. Thank you for being the love that has opened my heart to unimaginable happiness. As we become husband and wife, this I will promise you:

I will forever cherrish you,
My wife,
My love,
My life.

- Your Adoring Husband
July 24th, 2010

1996 Black Cobra Vert: sitting in the garage for now
2008 Black Nissan Altima 2.5 S: new daily driver
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (1)

I would put something in there laying out the minimum number of times a week you plan to be sexed.
The arrogance on knife forums is completely out of proportion to those people's place in the food chain...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (4)

I wouldn't change a thing. And not necessarily because I think it is perfect - but these words especially have to come from you, your heart. I'd stick with exactly what you have because that is what came from you when you sat down to write this.

A side idea might be to take a letter she's written you, maybe a special or particularly emotional one, and frame it (insert joke here) for her as a wedding present. Just a thought.

Best of luck, and have a great wedding day, and enjoy it. The day belongs to the two of you - don't let anyone put even a drop of rain on your parade.

-Dalai Lama
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's 89 View Post
I would put something in there laying out the minimum number of times a week you plan to be sexed.

I think it looks good, really.

'99 ZX2 - Bone stock and slow.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
The one with the most

Missing some commas but over all it is nice.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (7)

Dang that is so freaking sweet/beautiful. I'm sure it will go beyond her keeping it. That is a gift she will cherish. We women tend to be sentimental...lol. I really do wish you both the most happiness. You deserve it!

Quote:
You can't handle the truth!
Quote:
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today
Old 07-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (5)

Keep half of the letter....
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATURN5 View Post
Keep half of the letter....
Get that in writing too.
The arrogance on knife forums is completely out of proportion to those people's place in the food chain...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba-murder View Post
Missing some commas but over all it is nice.
Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of grammatical mistakes since I just wrote it a few minutes before I posted. Would you mind pointing the places where I missed commas out? English is not my strong suit.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #10

don't change a single thing, nothing, I would frame that and keep it on my nite stand if a guy gave me something like that.....

2010 Black GT, Blown Lowered Controlled, 2010 season: 1 best of show, 5 firsts, 2 seconds. Best autocross time 1:27.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #11

Never use a comma before the word "and". That makes one rule easier to remember. I'll let the nazzi's do the rest.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #12

I wish you two the best of luck, but personally, you are just loading the chamber if things fall apart...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by real horses View Post
don't change a single thing, nothing, I would frame that and keep it on my nite stand if a guy gave me something like that.....
I can send it to you. What's your address?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyGT View Post
Dang that is so freaking sweet/beautiful. I'm sure it will go beyond her keeping it. That is a gift she will cherish. We women tend to be sentimental...lol. I really do wish you both the most happiness. You deserve it!
I appreciate that.

I plan to give her the gift certificate to a local spa the night before at the rehersal dinner that includes:

-1 hour therapeutic massage (choice of hot stones or aromatherapy)
- pedicure
- manicure
- paraffin treatments for hands & feet
- 10 minutes of tanning

Figured that would be something she could use when I stress her out

I'm planning on having my best man deliver this letter to her the morning of the wedding though as something more personal.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSSS View Post
I appreciate that.

I plan to give her the gift certificate to a local spa the night before at the rehersal dinner that includes:

- pedicure
- manicure
- 10 minutes of tanning

I'm planning on having my best man deliver this letter to her the morning of the wedding though as something more personal.
Do you have a twin? A single brother?

2010 Black GT, Blown Lowered Controlled, 2010 season: 1 best of show, 5 firsts, 2 seconds. Best autocross time 1:27.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #16

Quote:
I appreciate that.

- pedicure
- manicure
- 10 minutes of tanning

I dropped mine off at the florist and had them deliver it with a dozen of her favorite flowers, which she dried and kept with the letter. She later destroyed them by swinging them at me violently, but the were one of the last things to go, before she did. Good investment, overall.

Last edited by J's 89; 07-14-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #17

Just be prepared to see that letter many times going forward....
Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #18

Trader Feedback: (7)

Quote:

Make sure you do it early. Way before she gets her make up on. She is going to be emotional, and reading that will make her cry. Can't have her mascara being ruined or her make up

Quote:
You can't handle the truth!
Quote:
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today
Old 07-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #19
Banned

another one bites the dust!
fubar02gt is banned  
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Do you have a twin? A single brother?
Nope, sorry. Both of them are married with children.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyGT View Post
Make sure you do it early. Way before she gets her make up on. She is going to be emotional, and reading that will make her cry. Can't have her mascara being ruined or her make up
Don't worry, I had already planned for that.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #22

Trader Feedback: (15)

First "paragraph", you said "appeared" and then followed with lose, it would sound better (and be grammatically correct) if you used the same tense, personally I would say "lost" instead, just to be consistent. The same with "can", I'd use "could" instead (in other words, use the same tense in the same sentence), I would also emit the word "just" towards the end of that one, but it's your call, I think it'd would sound smoother, but it's your baby. At the end, you misspelled "cherish" as well. There are some minor commas missing, but nothing worth mentioning. Your word choice is excellent, seriously. It looks like it took a lot of thought. I'm sure she will be floored to read this!

Last edited by Rock4451; 07-14-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #23
The one with the most

On this day, our wedding day, I find it difficult to find words to express all that you mean to me, as this is a very profound and life-changing moment. I want you to know that I enter in to this without hesitation because I knew from the moment that we met that you were the woman for me.

From the moment we met, I knew my life would forever be changed because, on that day, an Angel appeared before me. One who’s eyes were and are so captivating that I lose myself in them. Your smile, grace and beauty that exist inside and out and your mere touch are things that I can never make do with out. No other woman has so captivated me as you have. It is my honor, my privilege to be your groom.

Today is the happiest day of my life as I am set to marry my best friend. I thank you for loving me and I promise to be the best man that I can through thick and thin.

Sincerely,

Your friend and soon to be Husband. I love you always.

Hand sign it and some one clean up any grammer or punctuation errors
Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #24

That's good dba, the only reason I liked his original a tid bit more (once the small things are fixed) is because he came up with it, but then again I'm a sentimental Sally.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #25
The one with the most

I am too but as a dude, we have to understand that the more we talk, the more opportunity there is to say something stupid. We have to keep it short and direct and effective. No ten page love letter when a one or two paragraph note can cover it all.

Leave them wanting more and they will always have you back.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock4451 View Post
That's good dba, the only reason I liked his original a tid bit more (once the small things are fixed) is because he came up with it, but then again I'm a sentimental Sally.
We understand the air is thinner up there.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #27

Quote:
We understand the air is thinner up there.
I got nothin'...
Old 07-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #28
Formerly David Claflin

Trader Feedback: (27)

Quote:
And a reminder about the love, honor and obey part

That's a pretty good expression of your thoughts and feelings, the bridesmaids are going to get all mushy over that too, well done.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #29

Yep, it's a great chance for a threesome, if the bride isn't superstitious.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #30

Quote:
Yep, it's a great chance for a threesome, if the bride isn't superstitious.
In my previous experiences, threesomes are a bit overrated. Nice to say that you've had that experience, but I've always been a one woman man. Plus, she's all the woman I would ever need

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #31
Formerly David Claflin

Trader Feedback: (27)

Quote:
Plus, she's all the woman I would ever need
Good answer, just in case she checks this.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #32

Quote:
On this day, our wedding day, I find it difficult to find words to express all that you mean to me, as this is a very profound and life-changing moment. I want you to know that I enter in to this without hesitation because I knew from the moment that we met that you were the woman for me.

From the moment we met, I knew my life would forever be changed because, on that day, an Angel appeared before me. One who’s eyes were and are so captivating that I lose myself in them. Your smile, grace and beauty that exist inside and out and your mere touch are things that I can never make do with out. No other woman has so captivated me as you have. It is my honor, my privilege to be your groom.

Today is the happiest day of my life as I am set to marry my best friend. I thank you for loving me and I promise to be the best man that I can through thick and thin.

Sincerely,

Your friend and soon to be Husband. I love you always.

Hand sign it and some one clean up any grammer or punctuation errors
I am seriously shocked, I didn't think you have something like that in you..... *faint*

Old 07-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Claflin View Post
Good answer, just in case she checks this.
There are actually men out that that believe that.. with their heart and soul. Those kinds are keepers

Old 07-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #34
The one with the most

Quote:
I am seriously shocked, I didn't think you have something like that in you..... *faint*
I'm not much to look at but I'm a decent man.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #35

Quote:
I'm not much to look at but I'm a decent man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement