How can I stop people for turning around in my driveway???? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (1)

How can I stop people for turning around in my driveway????

I freaking hate it!!!!

I live on a block with a dead end street.

I have a nice 2 car wide 10 car long driveway with the smallest ugliest house.

About 30 times a day some ####### turns around in my driveway...no one else's on the block but mine...

It drives me insane!!! not because they do, but because It's been a few times already that when reversing out they've taken out my mailbox....and because at night the headlights freaking wake me up.....

Is there a sign I can put up?

Honestly I want to deploy one way spikes like in parking garages.

Michael Means"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (9)

Block the end with garbage cans?
Corral Elite Member #1

** 89 LX 5.0 ** blower whine, better brakes, and faded paint
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #3

Trader Feedback: (0)

Im not sure there is much you can do *LEGALLY* do if it is in the right-of-way. Usually its about 11 feet from the edge of the road. In my town it is 16 feet. You really don't own to the road. You can block it, but something like spikes might get you a lawsuit.

Last edited by dr.gonzo; 11-15-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:03 AM   #4

turn into the crazy. My mom's street has him. Even he no longer uses his own driveway. He keeps construction tape blocking it off. He also reseals his driveway at least once a month.

He was arrested many years ago for running down the street with a kitchen knife chasing someone who did turn around in his driveway.

Yeah...you could be that guy. Or ignore it.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant View Post
turn into the crazy. My mom's street has him. Even he no longer uses his own driveway. He keeps construction tape blocking it off. He also reseals his driveway at least once a month.

He was arrested many years ago for running down the street with a kitchen knife chasing someone who did turn around in his driveway.

Yeah...you could be that guy. Or ignore it.
I was thinking more of a slingshot and ball bearings, but I'm polish,,,go figure. That guy had an edge thou.

Michael Means"
Old 11-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #6

Trader Feedback: (3)

Stopsticks.
-TriAx, JLT CAI, 3.55, Magnaflow O/R X & Magnapack catback, MM FLSFCs
Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (2)

http://www.tfotehprints.com/media/ca...d/1/0/1037.jpg
Old 11-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #8

Park your car at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
More elite than Ralph is now. Put THAT in your sig.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #9

Idle down, Idle down.. There are much bigger problems you can concern your self with.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #10

Trader Feedback: (74)

i have the same issue especially with the headlights...drives me nuts...9x's out of 10 it's the same nut sac that lives next door doing it too...
Old 11-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #11

Trader Feedback: (15)

Easy.......put two nice sized posts up on each side with a big steel cable across the driveway that you can lock
Black 94 Cobra #2615 Incon Twin turbo, AEM
Old 11-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #12

Pretend your a jehowas witness and hand out pamphlets, if they are religious pretend you are into sorcery and insist they stay for black mass/seance/sacrifice?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #13

Trader Feedback: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra2615 View Post
Easy.......put two nice sized posts up on each side with a big steel cable across the driveway that you can lock
this gets my vote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #14

My Grandpa had a problem with people turning around in his 2 car wide driveway and built a gate that blocked off half of it. The cable would be easier.

Life's not that hard Man; Take it easy.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #15

Here's a start.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

TOO MUCH IS...JUST ENOUGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellos88gt View Post
fine. I'm out. I don't need this place.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #16

Get a fake but really looking big ass dog... Put it right in the middle of the end of the driveway.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
Corral Day Kittah

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
Stopsticks.
Are we setting up a group buy on these? In the interim, everyone's missed the obvious answer: molly them.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #18

Trader Feedback: (13)

Have someone make you a mailbox out of 1/2 in plate steel and bury a piece of 4x4 box steel filled with concrete 6 feet in the ground with a concrete footer. That will solve your mailbox problem. We kept getting our mailbox bashed here so I said next time it happens I'm either gona do the plate mailbox or get the one piece plastic one and fill it with quickcrete. let some sucker smack THAT with a baseball bat.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #19

You need a mailbox like Chris Wilson built, maybe hecan post it up.

Luckily your drive way is not wider than a 2 car. The wider it is, the more problems you have.

TOO MUCH IS...JUST ENOUGH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellos88gt View Post
fine. I'm out. I don't need this place.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #20

Trader Feedback: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blademasterii View Post
Have someone make you a mailbox out of 1/2 in plate steel and bury a piece of 4x4 box steel filled with concrete 6 feet in the ground with a concrete footer. That will solve your mailbox problem. We kept getting our mailbox bashed here so I said next time it happens I'm either gona do the plate mailbox or get the one piece plastic one and fill it with quickcrete. let some sucker smack THAT with a baseball bat.
my parents mailbox post is made from like 6" wide chain that was used for a destroyer anchor line at the old navy base here in town.

people used to take out their mailbox @ 50-60mph drunkenly at night. the mailbox "post" they have now has seen lots of action. ripped one guys wheel right off the car.

they just have 4 or so of the cheap $10 plastic mailboxes and when it gets hit, he snickers at the mayhem and welds the post back up and tosses a new box on top.

they've been sued 3 times and each time they won AND the person had to pay for the repairs haha.

plaintiff: his mailbox totalled my car!
defense lawyer: how did you manage to hit a mailbox that's 8' off the side of the road and why were you doing 60mph in a 40mph zone?
plaintiff: uhhhh
judge: dismissed
Old 11-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #21
Legalized Drug Dealer

Trader Feedback: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam699 View Post

I have a nice 2 car wide 10 car long driveway...
Fill the driveway with your former cars of girlfriends past?

2010 Performance White Mazda6 S GT
2011 Mustang GT Premium Red Candy Metallic 5.0 'vert
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #22

Trader Feedback: (4)

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...5X-_-100063670

These are easy to move, not permanent, and will get the job done. At least, in my experience.

Secondarily to this, I'd get two 6x6 posts and mount them in the dirt on either side of the driveway (use concrete). Put in a big heavy duty eye hook on each one and a chain from end to end.

Some of my customers who have multi-million dollar homes and dont want everyone in their driveway do just that, and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
FD wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig.
Houses fall off hillsides when it rains there and what doesn't slide down the hill is consumed by a wildfire and what isn't consumed by flames crumbles under earthquakes and what doesn't crumble is vandalized and turned into crackhouses by out-of-control gangs.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:39 AM   #23

Garage
my mother had her mailbox run down a couple of times, and she had three large rocks placed around the box. so far that has stopped that stupidity.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra2615 View Post
OR a big chain, or just put a gate up, and automatic one so you don't have to get out every time you leave to take it down.
2003 F350 Super Duty 444
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #25

If you put anything up it has to be marked well so you don't get sued since it's a right of way.

Around downtown here they put up rod iron gates and fencing.

Personally I'd start sticking my trashcans out there in the middle but close enough to the side so I could back around.

Also talking about Mailboxes. When kids kept purposly running over our mailbox when I was a kid my dad put in a 4 inch pipe pole filled with cement. Taught those damn kids well....
Non Elite Member #1
1990 SSP
Old 11-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #26

Trader Feedback: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blademasterii View Post
We had a problem a few years ago in our neighbor hood (Out in the Country)
with a group of kids smashing mail boxes with baseball bats, my one friend replaced it and the post 4 times before he had enough. He built one pretty much like you said, the post was 1/4" 4"x4" steel filled with concrete. And made the box of of 1/4" plate also and bolted it down... about 3 months later I heard some people talking at a softball game about a kid who shattered is arm in 6 places while smashing mail boxes..... lol
Old 11-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #27

Keep calling the county about putting up a "No Outlet" sign on the drive. My freind had this problem with their culdasac (sp?) and it significantly cut down on the number of people rolling through.

Or just park your cars at the end of your driveway.
#7 of the special Member club
1968 GT500KR
1990 Mustang GT All the usual goodies, would have a supercharger if my wife didn't have a wedding ring.
2006 Torch Red GT. KB 2.6L, and MSD COP's
Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
Moderator & USAF Active Duty

Trader Feedback: (5)

Not sure if you can really stop it without dropping a little dough.

I've watched a couple ######## turn around in my driveway, and actually back up into my grass and tear it up because they were too ignorant to get out of their ghetto-ass low-lean seat or lift up their hat brim to see what the #### they were doing in their 20' long Impala. I wanted to throw rocks at their piece of ####.
'79 Bronco 351M || '87 Mustang Coupe 351W Turbo || '88 Mustang LX 5.0 || '90 Mustang LX 'Vert 5.0 || '97 Firebird 383 || '99 GSX-R 600 || '05 Civic Hybrid || '07 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 5.9L Cummins 4x4 || '08 Mazda 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmenas
That is why it's ok to have scrambled eggs for breakfast but you can't push some bimbo from a one night stand down the stairs.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #29

A few suggestions:
  1. Position a garden sprinkler so that it sprays across the driveway near the street.

2. Install the most annoying high pitched alarm that sounds off a broken infared beam.

3. Hammer a hundred 40d nails through a 16' 2x6; lay it across the end of your driveway.

4. Install an electric gate.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #30

Buy some curtains.
The arrogance on knife forums is completely out of proportion to those people's place in the food chain...
Old 11-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by J's 89 View Post
Buy some curtains.
The best solution to a unsolvable problem is to ignore the problem.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #32

lowes sells rubber mats that are 3 ft long and have rubber spikes in them that really look real... people were flying thru my dads store drive and he put these out and its hilarious to watch people slam on there brakes cause they think there real most wont even drive over it.. but there rubber so no harm!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #33

^^^^^I'd do that, just for the fun of it, conversation piece. Spiked rubber mat! hahaha
Non Elite Member #1
1990 SSP
Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #34

Trader Feedback: (35)

move
Old 11-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra2mstng View Post
lowes sells rubber mats that are 3 ft long and have rubber spikes in them that really look real... people were flying thru my dads store drive and he put these out and its hilarious to watch people slam on there brakes cause they think there real most wont even drive over it.. but there rubber so no harm!
I like this idea the most. Any idea what they're called I'm looking at their website now.

Michael Means"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement