How much does UTI/MMI cost? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
US Army Active Duty

Trader Feedback: (17)

How much does UTI/MMI cost?

Looked at the website, can't seem to find the tuition cost listed anywhere. The only thing I can find there is a bunch tuition assistance information. Anyone know how much it would cost to go there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (5)

PM elenorfox. He went to Wyotech IIRC...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (0)

I think my brother went recently to ceck it out and it was like 13k for a semester... but it was to be a motorcycle technician so i dunno how much difference there is with the different classes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (1)

13k a semester? You can go to real school for a lot less than that.

bitch bitch bitch, turn out to be wrong. Just trying to save you from looking like a jackass. guess Im too late though.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (53)

mine was 26k for 9 months.

i went in thinking i knew a lot, came out knowing an assload more. only problem i am having is i live in MI and there is #### for jobs around here. a few of my friends got really good jobs at Lexus and range rover dealers making FAT cash. They don't live in MI though lol.

If you do it, take it seriosuly and study like a mo fo, there were a bunch of haters at my school that said they got ripped off blah blah blah, they were the ones skipping class and not paying attention. you get out what you put into it.

Not to mention i have already gone back 3 times to use the dyno for free.

They also have all the SCT tuning software, thats a plus for me.
2001 Mustang GT Bullitt (terminated) #2793
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4

Last edited by eleanorfox; 08-23-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #6

Trader Feedback: (12)

too much for what they offer, local trade schools offer pretty much the same training for much less.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (7)

I don't know the exact cost but my brother went to UTI in Houston. He wanted Porsche but his background prevented him from going there. He joined up with Jaguar and moved from San Antonio to W. Palm Beach. Worked as a tech for Jag and then became a tech for the Aston Martin branch where he spent a couple weeks in England for training. He left AM in Florida after about 5 years, missed his family and came back to his home town recently. He is currently a service writer for a Ford dealership as the Jag/Ferrari one around here weren't hiring at the moment. Makes commision on top of a decent salary. I'd say it was worth it what ever it cost.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (3)

I went through the Ford ASSET program....cost $2K a semester....5 semesters total. That UTI/Pennco Tech crap always seemed like a ripoff scamjob to me.

Having mechanical knowlege is a great thing, but do NOT become a mechanic. There's no money in it, and you work your ass off everyday (flat rate yay), plus come home dirtier than a pig wallowing in mud all day. There's better careers to have.

Nevermind the $25K-100K in tools that you'll accrue on your own dime, just to do your job.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #9

Trader Feedback: (4)

University of Northwest Ohio costs $96-126 per credit hour. And they have a private drag strip, 4 dirt track cars (stock late models and UMP Modifieds) that they race on the track they own, 2 engine dynos, 2 chassis dynos, and place people on racing teams. A guy I work with's son went there and now he is Ron Capp's funny car dive man (guy who builds the bottom end and sets up the clutches)
Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #10

your looking at 25 to 40 grand depending on how many secondary programs you take
Originally Posted by mmeans View Post
Sounds like a terminal case of huevos pequeños coupled with jello rooster. Not a chance in hell of ever making wooden rooster.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #11

Trader Feedback: (19)

UTI in PA wanted $25k and then you could get into a manufacturer program after the first year where they paid for it. If you know nothing you could make out since most dealerships will reimburse you over a long period for school.

My community college has a similar program with factory Toyota/GM support for @$7k total but its 2 years opposed to 15 months and you have to take some regular classes to get the AS degree.

Also check your local Vo-tech. Mine has an adult night class thats 10 months and less than $2k but its not going to be as in depth as the $25k schools but you'll be $23k ahead for tools. I think as long as you get a solid foundation you can learn the rest on the job and in manufacturer training.

96 GT VERT
My Cardomain
www.sn95forums.com <---Have A 94-98 GO HERE
Old 08-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #12

Have you looked at the helmets to hardhats program?
"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." - Mark 10:14-15

RIP 'Meli
April 28th 2009
Old 09-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #13

Trader Feedback: (23)

i am currently attending NTI (Nascar Technical Institute) same thing as UTI with one of their electives being a nascar program. My total tuition with nascar ran about $32,000.

I hear the #### talk about the school every day. If you take the time to look at these people, you will realize that they have no clue what they're talking about. You get what you put into it. I learn something new EVERYDAY. I enjoy waking up and going to class at 6:30am. It has its moments, but all in all i am having a great time.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me...
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #14

Angry It's a scam to collect Gov't assisted education

You have to understand, these private schools are scams that exist solely to funnel in state money. They have ultra-high rates, and they specialize in helping students apply for State Tuition Assistance. They don't care if you fail, their only concern is getting tuition money from the taxpayers.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #15

Trader Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockmonster View Post
You have to understand, these private schools are scams that exist solely to funnel in state money. They have ultra-high rates, and they specialize in helping students apply for State Tuition Assistance. They don't care if you fail, their only concern is getting tuition money from the taxpayers.
So how's that different than public schools?
93 Cobra #818.

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...
Old 08-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
US Army Active Duty

Trader Feedback: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO LOU View Post
So how's that different than public schools?
x2
Old 08-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #17

Trader Feedback: (9)

Don't waste your money. Go to a community college. You will learn just as much for a fraction of the cost.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #18

I went to a community college for a year. Had a good time, learned a lot. Then i went to UTI. I honestly learned a ton. Came out with a #### load of Ford certifications(making me a lot of money now) after auto/diesel/industrial/and Ford fact, total tuition was 42k. After grants and scholarships, i am paying on 18 grand. Any questions, feel free to PM me. I always heard people talking #### on the place, but they didn't take the place seriously.

2004 Mach 1- Screaming Yellow
1989 Notchback-331 powered
XBOX Live Gamertag- KANSASCHANCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement