Does Autozone (etc.) rent engine hoists? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > General Non-Tech Forums > Lounge

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Does Autozone (etc.) rent engine hoists?

I thought they did back in the day, but didn't see it on their website, so anyone know if Autozone, O'Reilly's, etc. rent hoists? If not, I'm sure I can find a used one for cheap and sell it when I'm done. My little sister's car threw a rod and I need to toss something in it sometime in the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #2

Im not sure, they didnt when I worked there a few years ago. You could buy one, use it, clean it up, then take it back, lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (2)

Try a general rental yard like United Rentals. They have hoists there for a reasonable price. Looks like the closest one to you tho is 16 miles away. Eeek
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #4
Captain Chaos

Trader Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightliner1 View Post
Try a general rental yard like United Rentals. They have hoists there for a reasonable price. Looks like the closest one to you tho is 16 miles away. Eeek
Heh, I gotta drive 18 to get groceries or visit a store without gas pumps. It'd be nice if I could call someone and they'd bring me food
— Calvin
Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 AM   #5

Trader Feedback: (2)

Why not just buy one? You'll be looking just over $100 and it'll be yours for good.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELB Racing View Post
Why not just buy one? You'll be looking just over $100 and it'll be yours for good.
I might, but I move every 1-2 years at this point, and the less #### I have to take with me each time, the better. Also, I don't always have a garage.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (9)

have you considered calling them to find out? they MIGHT be able to tell you or direct you to someone in the area that does.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedin' View Post
have you considered calling them to find out? they MIGHT be able to tell you or direct you to someone in the area that does.
I know... I figured someone would say that, I was at work when I posted though... it's easier to hide a quick internet post from my boss than it is to hide a phone call ....

Thanks for any input, I'll figure it out.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELB Racing View Post
I agree, I looked into renting one, but after looking around it was gonna cost me anywhere from 75-125 for 1-2 days. pep boys sells ok hosit for about $150. so I jsut bought one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement