Where is the fuel pump relay located, 99 mustang - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (1)

Where is the fuel pump relay located, 99 mustang (updated)

hey all, Im looking for the fuel pump relay on my 99 mustang v6. I think i've found it in the trunk, left side. Im trying to jump it so i can pump all the gas out of the tank before i drop it. Ive tried jumping it, but its not working.. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by vortech90gt; 11-15-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

Its part of the Constant control relay module.
"The Constant Control Relay Module is mounted on bracket, behind engine coolant reservoir."

other words, you can't get to it.

Mac Straight-shot intake
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortech90gt View Post
hey all, Im looking for the fuel pump relay on my 99 mustang v6. I think i've found it in the trunk, left side. Im trying to jump it so i can pump all the gas out of the tank before i drop it. Ive tried jumping it, but its not working.. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks.
That is correct. That is the fuel pump relay and the red button is incase of collision that is cuts off the pump. Why don't you just siphon it out?

The CCRM is located in the passenger side fender wheel and you can get to it by removed the wheel and inner fender wheel.

Teksid AL forged shortblock in the works...DSS pistons, Eagle rods, Cobra Forged Crank, etc...
Old 11-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #4

That's incorrect. there is no relay in the trunk. What you are referring to is the Inertia switch. The switch has to complete the fuel pump circuit regardless for operation. When the little ball bearing inside rolls out of its slot from a sudden jolt from a collision it breaks the contact. The actual fuel pump relay is located inside a solid state module as i stated earlier and you're not going to get to it...

Mac Straight-shot intake
Old 11-12-2007, 06:53 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (3)

My mistake you are right. I couldn't remember the name of the inertia switch and I thought it was the relay. In theory you could apply 12V to the correct wiring going into the CCRM for the fuel pump relay but it would be a waste of time. Better off just syphoning it out.

Teksid AL forged shortblock in the works...DSS pistons, Eagle rods, Cobra Forged Crank, etc...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 PM   #6

I'd just do it like a man and drop the tank full... put a floor jack under it with some wood and lower it down.

Mac Straight-shot intake
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (2)

Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (1)

Um thanks guys, but i know what an inertia switch is. The part is was asking about is in the pic below. Its tied into the fuel pump harness. I tried to siphon it out, but it feels like theres a blocker

Anyways, its almost running

Sponsored Links
Advertisement