2003 Mustang GT stock fuel pressure? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (10)

2003 Mustang GT stock fuel pressure?

Can someone please tell me what the stock fuel pressure is on a 2003 Mustang GT?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

With the vacuum hose attached at idle 35 to 50 psi.
With the vacuum hose detached 45 to 55 psi.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #3

That's a wide range. Any idea what it should be for bone stock?
Old 09-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #4

Trader Feedback: (1)

'bout 45 psi. What's yours?
PI heads and Intake, VT stage II's, Densecharger CAI, Pro-M 85mm MAF, Accufab 75mm TB, 1/2 " intake spacer, MSD Coil packs and wires, Mac Longtubes, Mac O/R H, Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax, Spec Stage II clutch, AL flywheel, AL driveshaft, 3.73's, Max Speed Progressive rear springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts, GMS upper and lower rear control arms, UPR tubular K and coil overs, Cobra rear swaybar, full lenth subframes, Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors, high-temp Kevlar pads, poly bushings everywhere.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #5

I have a fox that I will be using '03 injectors in (the pink top ones). Supposedly they are rated 22lb/hr at about 44 psi. I know stock fp on a fox is 39 psi but I don't know what stock is on an '03. I need a little larger injector than 19's for my combo but 24's are too much. I know I could just boost the fp on my stockers, but I wanted to experiment with these slightly larger injectors and keep the fp closer to stock.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #6

I see, I thought all the 2V 4.6 mustangs used 19lb injectors. I know that the colors meant less in the later years. You might want to check the part number and make sure those are 21lb injectors. Be that as it may, the answer to your question is Bosch (and Ford) rate the flow of their injectors at 3 bar or 43.5 PSI.
PI heads and Intake, VT stage II's, Densecharger CAI, Pro-M 85mm MAF, Accufab 75mm TB, 1/2 " intake spacer, MSD Coil packs and wires, Mac Longtubes, Mac O/R H, Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax, Spec Stage II clutch, AL flywheel, AL driveshaft, 3.73's, Max Speed Progressive rear springs, KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts, GMS upper and lower rear control arms, UPR tubular K and coil overs, Cobra rear swaybar, full lenth subframes, Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors, high-temp Kevlar pads, poly bushings everywhere.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #7

Trader Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1
With the vacuum hose attached at idle 35 to 50 psi.
With the vacuum hose detached 45 to 55 psi.

Chopper is right, remember this is not going to be a constant pressure this is not a return fuel system and psi will vary at load levels on the vehicle, you are going to see lower psi at idle than on acceleration from a returnless system.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #8

Cool, thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (2)

yikes, what a strange post.

fuel pressure should be no higher than 39 psi on a naturally aspirated stock motor.

depending on vac, the pressure should fluctuate between 27 and 39.

formula is 39-(vac/2)= rail pressure
Old 09-13-2006, 01:17 AM   #10

I don't have a clue, but i do have a question. My 98 has a return style fuel system you know the one with the pressure reg. built into the pass. side fuel rail. Anyway the fuel pressure on the return style system is always the same, so it doesn't fluctuate between #'s? thaks

Mods: Cobra Body Kit, 95 Cobra R Wheels, Cobra R hood with 96 scoops, Steeda Race Wing, Mac Off-Road Prochamber, Mac Cat Backs, CAI, Non Pi intake with revised crossover

Nothing More than an

For pic of car look on my, myspace. I can figure how to get a pic on here lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement