What are the signs of a broken transmission or engine mount? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 05:36 AM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

What are the signs of a broken transmission or engine mount?

My car jerks back and forth when even barely touching the gas, and when letting off (5spd). Once past that point I can accellerate fine. It's kind of a bump....bump..bump like something is bouncing around in there somewhere.

I looked visibly at the mount under the car and it didnt look broken, but I didn't take a screwdriver to it like the manual said.

UPR Short Throw Shifter
Hooker Max Flow Exhaust
High Flow Catted X-Pipe
3:73 FRPP gears
Eibach Lowering Springs
Tokico Struts
LCA's
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit
Boston SL80 5 x 7 plate speakers
MTX Blue Thunder PRO 150 x 2 amplifier
Elemental Designs 11kv2's
Elemental Designs Nine.2 amplifier
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2005, 05:38 AM   #2

my honest opinion says it isnt a motor or transmission mount. kinda sounds like the computer is unsure of the fuel/air mixture.
Ford Racing HD Clutch
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.698gt
my honest opinion says it isnt a motor or transmission mount. kinda sounds like the computer is unsure of the fuel/air mixture.

I agree.But if your car has a few miles on it.Replacing the trany mount wouldnt be a bad idea.

Mine wasnt broken but had sagged almost a 1/4 of a inch..In 100k miles..It made a big difference in my car.
2v t-trim combo:621rwhp~504rwtq
Old 11-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #4

It doesen't seem like it's a computer issue because once i'm on the gas, or once i've let off it's fine. It feels like theres play in between somewhere.

Should I see a inch or so of mount between the crossmember and transmission? When I looked underneath, I couldnt see any mount in the middle, just the edges of it. Maybe mine has sagged too.

Is it true that the mount isn't replaceable separately, and that I have to replace the entire crossmember with the mount?

UPR Short Throw Shifter
Hooker Max Flow Exhaust
High Flow Catted X-Pipe
3:73 FRPP gears
Eibach Lowering Springs
Tokico Struts
LCA's
Eclipse CD8454 Head Unit
Boston SL80 5 x 7 plate speakers
MTX Blue Thunder PRO 150 x 2 amplifier
Elemental Designs 11kv2's
Elemental Designs Nine.2 amplifier

Last edited by Lowered99GT; 11-28-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #5

[/QUOTE]Is it true that the mount isn't replaceable separately, and that I have to replace the entire crossmember with the mount[QUOTE]
No just got to ford and ask them for a transmission mount for a t45 transmission on a 99 GT. They should have it in stock if its a half way decent dealer.
Ford Racing HD Clutch
Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered99GT
It doesen't seem like it's a computer issue because once i'm on the gas, or once i've let off it's fine. It feels like theres play in between somewhere.

Should I see a inch or so of mount between the crossmember and transmission? When I looked underneath, I couldnt see any mount in the middle, just the edges of it. Maybe mine has sagged too.

Is it true that the mount isn't replaceable separately, and that I have to replace the entire crossmember with the mount?
Yes you have to replace the crossmember.On the 99ups its all one piece.But the whole thing is like 35.00~45.00 ..Most dealers stock them.
2v t-trim combo:621rwhp~504rwtq
Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 AM   #7

Trader Feedback: (2)

Quote:
No just got to ford and ask them for a transmission mount for a t45 transmission on a 99 GT. They should have it in stock if its a half way decent dealer.
LOL. That's funny. It depends largly on the dealership because Ford gets pissed at a parts department if they stock a part before selling 4 in a 1 year period and then they have to keep track of it because they can get into trouble for keeping anything they don't sell after 1 year. If The part's department doesn't follow the rules then ford starts taking away the discounts on parts to the dealer and that costs thousands of dollars a month.

Sorry for the story, but I bet 95 percent of ford dealerships in the country won't stock that mount. I'm a ford parts guy and I've never sold one yet. You will most likely have to order one. But in that case go aftermarket and get a poly mount.

Windsor Block, cast steel windsor crank, Manley I beam rods, manley 11 cc flycut pistons, manley rings, clevite tri metal bearings, 04 cobra aluminum flywheel/clutch setup, ported heads, comp 270 cams. Flowmaster 2 chamber, bbk cai, bbk catted x pipe, 75mm tp and ported stock plenum, autolite 103 plugs. Zex 125 shot. Jba shorties, 3.73's, 31 spline axles, lpw diff cover. focus fuel pump, Recaro seats, bullet wheels, nittor dr's. Steeda tri ax shifter. Bolt in Sfc's. Eibach springs, bullit shocks.

92 ford tempo(pos daily driver)
81 mustang drag car
Old 12-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #8

Trader Feedback: (4)

Why dont you get under your car and take a look at your motor and tranny mounts ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement