Need Help!! Window won't go down... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 09:52 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Need Help!! Window won't go down...

this happened just recently: my driver's side window refuses to go down. whenever i push the "down" button, the window motor makes a loud grinding sound. the problem has been going on for a couple of days now. i did a Search and plan on taking off the door panel and hitting the window motor to see if it'll start working again. any other suggestions would be very helpful.

worst case scenario: how much of a PITA would replacing the window motor be?
232.9rwhp/272.3rwtq
14.6 @96.8mph
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 PM   #2

Hey it could be worse.. It could be down and won't roll back up.

Sounds to me like it came off of the track.

www.mystealthpc.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:28 PM   #3

How much of a PITA? It's actually not as bad as I thought... I don't know if this helps but I have the instructions to remove the door panel because I recently installed the UPR .. GT door handles. It's not hard.

Remove the Mach 460 Speaker cover (pops off with flat tool)
Pull out window switch trim.. pop out with flat tool
Remove Mach 460 speaker retaining screw - 1
Remove the window switch retaining screws located on the back of the window switch assembly... and the switch cluster comes apart from door.
Remove two door panel retaining screws that are near the door hanldle ... phillips head

Now the door panel lifts up and off.. it is attached by a few plastic pieces that look like... > ? < The door handle needs to be manipulated to get the door panel off....

From there, you're on your own.

Good luck!
Rick
94 Vette
98 Vette
01 Monte Carlo SS daily driver

Last edited by StreetRod40Ford; 02-12-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #4

thanks for the replies so far. i didnt think about the window being off track so i'll check that first.

StreetRod, thanks for the details on how to remove the door panel.
232.9rwhp/272.3rwtq
14.6 @96.8mph
Old 02-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #5

mine did get stuck down, called ford, they said it was common and to bring it in, know how they fixed it? check this out, they held the button down and using a fist, they smacked the door panel where the switch panel and door panel meet, just under the window switch, no problems since
2002 Mineral Grey GT, MAC 0ff-road H, Flowmaster 40s, FRPP 3.73s, Steeda pullies, Tri-axe, C&L MAF, densecharger inlet pipe,FRPP 70mm TB, Diablosport Deltachip, FRPP aluminum D/S, Steeda adj. clutch kit, Steeda LCAs and Subframes, 17"x10.5"bullits out back, w/Nitto 315 DRs, Hurst roll-control
Old 02-16-2004, 01:17 PM   #6

Mine did the same thing. Ended up taking the window out and reseating it in the track. If you do this, you will have to drill out two rivets that hold the window to the regulator, and then replace them with small bolts (or something similar) when you put the window back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement