how much hp can a t-45 handle? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2003, 05:55 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

how much hp can a t-45 handle?

how much power can a t-45 handle? is there any way to beef it when doing a rebuild? let me know because i plan on swapping over manual transmission but also pplan on hitting 500hp at the wheels. Will i be able to pull it off with a t-45?

Thanks

T56 complete swap with clutch, shifter etc for 1800OBO

brand new saleen body kit for sale 300 pick up or plus shipping.

Black bullit and tires 800 plus ship, OBO

aluminum block 200 pickup
suspension mods, check in suspension thread in OLD system.

Please Email me at bns96gt@yahoo.com for info, or PM me.

Thank you

Selling whole car with everything included for about 5500 OBO.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2003, 07:05 PM   #2

Re: how much hp can a t-45 handle?

Quote:
Originally posted by B&S96GT
how much power can a t-45 handle? is there any way to beef it when doing a rebuild? let me know because i plan on swapping over manual transmission but also pplan on hitting 500hp at the wheels. Will i be able to pull it off with a t-45?

Thanks
Im pretty sure you can handle about 450 RWHP on a stock T-45 (TREMEC) but im not sure about 500 maybe and maybe not for me its 50/50 !

HP Mods-Steeda / Vortech V-2 SQ-Trim Supercharger 11#'s, Ultra-Grip Pulley 3.40", 107 3/10" Good-Year Gatorback belt, Steeda Boost Pipe, Lightning Mass Air & K&N, Ford Racing 70MM TB, 1/2" Aluminum Intake-Spacer, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe, Steeda Dual Fuel pump sytem, 30# Fuel Injectors, Steeda ECU Programming.
Misc Performance-3.73 FMS Gears, Steeda Tri-Ax, Steeda/Cobra 13" brake kit, Power-Slot rotors, Optima Red-Top Battery.
Suspension-Steeda G-Trac Stages 1,2 and 3.
Exterior-Steeda Ultra-Lite 18x9 Chrome rims, 285-35-18 Nitto 555 X-tremes, Cobra R Hood, Steeda Functional Race Wing, Steeda/Mach grill delete, Mach chin spoiler, Steeda windhield banner, Lumar 5% tint all around.
Interior-Clarion Head Unit, Pioneer 6x9's all around, 2-10" JL Audio W3's, Custom built mustang sealed box, HiFonics Brutus Amp, Steeda pedals, Steeda white face guages, Steeda dual pillar pod, Steeda floor mats, Steeda shift knob, Steeda Billet accesories (ALL), Steeda shifter bezel, Autometer boost guage, Autometer FP guage.

Old #'s:
MAX HP- 381.8 @ 6100 RPM
MAX TQ- 359.6 @ 5250 RPM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:51 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

It seems to be kind of the luck of the draw with T-45's. I never powershifted mine and with 214rwhp it broke. With a 1-2 shift on street tires. Then there are those who are supercharged, launch on slicks and have yet to have problem. If you can afford it just get a TKO and be done with it.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #4

500 at the wheels will destroy a t45 in a very very short time.
Bettter look into a tko if you still want a stick at that level.
2v t-trim combo:621rwhp~504rwtq
Old 07-05-2003, 02:17 AM   #5

My T45 wore down twice running the factory power (215 HP). That just indicates to me that the trans is crap. Just search "T45" and you'll see how much people feel for them. If I didn't have the LTs in there and I was more serious about racing I'd switch to something else. As 98Roush mentioned, things seem to be hit or miss for the T45s success. But mostly a miss.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by scottinhawaii
My T45 wore down twice running the factory power (215 HP). That just indicates to me that the trans is crap. Just search "T45" and you'll see how much people feel for them. If I didn't have the LTs in there and I was more serious about racing I'd switch to something else. As 98Roush mentioned, things seem to be hit or miss for the T45s success. But mostly a miss.
No sir! The older T-45's are CRAP they used to be made by Borg-Warner, the new ones made by tremec are MUCH beefier and stronger!

HP Mods-Steeda / Vortech V-2 SQ-Trim Supercharger 11#'s, Ultra-Grip Pulley 3.40", 107 3/10" Good-Year Gatorback belt, Steeda Boost Pipe, Lightning Mass Air & K&N, Ford Racing 70MM TB, 1/2" Aluminum Intake-Spacer, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe, Steeda Dual Fuel pump sytem, 30# Fuel Injectors, Steeda ECU Programming.
Misc Performance-3.73 FMS Gears, Steeda Tri-Ax, Steeda/Cobra 13" brake kit, Power-Slot rotors, Optima Red-Top Battery.
Suspension-Steeda G-Trac Stages 1,2 and 3.
Exterior-Steeda Ultra-Lite 18x9 Chrome rims, 285-35-18 Nitto 555 X-tremes, Cobra R Hood, Steeda Functional Race Wing, Steeda/Mach grill delete, Mach chin spoiler, Steeda windhield banner, Lumar 5% tint all around.
Interior-Clarion Head Unit, Pioneer 6x9's all around, 2-10" JL Audio W3's, Custom built mustang sealed box, HiFonics Brutus Amp, Steeda pedals, Steeda white face guages, Steeda dual pillar pod, Steeda floor mats, Steeda shift knob, Steeda Billet accesories (ALL), Steeda shifter bezel, Autometer boost guage, Autometer FP guage.

Old #'s:
MAX HP- 381.8 @ 6100 RPM
MAX TQ- 359.6 @ 5250 RPM
Old 07-05-2003, 03:52 AM   #7

in my opinion, i don't trust any manual transmisions. i broke a tremec TKO input shaft on street tiers power shifting 1-2.
Automatic rules

thats just an opinion
later
saud
Old 07-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by 2stangman
No sir! The older T-45's are CRAP they used to be made by Borg-Warner, the new ones made by tremec are MUCH beefier and stronger!
They are both the same. Tremec bought out BW. They were made in the same plant with the same specs.

Mine handled the 430rwhp I pushed through it before I sold the car.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by RedGTvert
They are both the same. Tremec bought out BW. They were made in the same plant with the same specs.

Mine handled the 430rwhp I pushed through it before I sold the car.
Impretty sure the Tremecs changed, they had made changes to the synchros and shift forks and thus making thenm stronger. I dont mean to flame you in any way, and dont want to start a war either.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by 2stangman
Impretty sure the Tremecs changed, they had made changes to the synchros and shift forks and thus making thenm stronger. I dont mean to flame you in any way, and dont want to start a war either.
If they did make those changes, they didn't do a good job of it then. You read all the same problems wether it be from the 96 guys or the '00/01 guys.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:39 PM   #11

Well if you go to there web site you will see that they only rate the t45 at 325 pound feet of torque.So anything over that is most likely going to damage it eventually. www.ttcautomotive.com
Old 07-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #12

Well, i have over 40,000 miles on my T-45. Most of it with at least 320hp, 15000 with at least 500hp. I'll be finding out first hand how it handles 600-650hp later this summer!

dave
  • 97 Steeda GT #007
  • 670rwhp ,570rwtq with JT-trim (16psi) and C-116
  • 613rwhp on pump gas
  • Built and Tuned by Modular Powerhouse
  • 11.75@125mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement