Pretty close to my build. I have a precision 76/75, CG fab headers/merge pipe, and custom piping for everything else. You will want the larger 44mm waste gate. I had a single 38, and I've had to add a 2nd gate as I was getting really bad boost creep when I stepped up from the MP70 to the precision 76/75. If you are going to E85 with the 18mm dish, you'll probably want 38cc heads. I have the 44cc heads, but running 11mm dish. What is your main goal for the car beside hp? Street, strip, or a little of both? You will definitely need to invest in a tubular K member, oil filter relocation set up, and you will also need to replumb the PS lines with AN style lines and fittings. Next big decision would be which trans, but that will depend also on what your plans are for the car. Make sure you get cams specific for the TFS heads. Good luck with the build!!
Sounds like a nasty build you have yourself there man. Got any pics you can post up?
- What size downpipe did you get from CG Fab? Are you running open downpipe or how did you plumb your exhaust?
- I was planning on the Tial 44 waste gate, so glad to hear you agree
- Again, due to either running E85 or VP100, I was also planning on going with the 38cc heads, which should put me right around 10:1
- This is mostly just a street beast, weekend warrior. Like to have some fun taking it out
- I am still researching which K member to go with, but I am definitely going tubular. Did you have to relocate your oil filter with CG's hotside? I didn't think that was necessary
- I was possibly thinking of completely ditching power steering and going with a FR manual rack, to help cleanup a lot of that junk
- I already have a built 4R70w and a PI triple disc converter from my blower setup. I'll have everything looked over just to make sure there are no issues before putting this back in with the turbo build.
- I am most likely going with either MHS or CMS TF head/cam package, which both of them are aware of the TF specific grinds
Thanks for all the input!