96 GT pi swap - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (2)

Garage
96 GT pi swap

hey guys, my name is hunter, high school senior.

I got my 96 gt in laser red about 6 months ago, and it was fast as hell! for all of 2 hours.....

so I decided to do a pi swap.

well over time i changed my mind and decided to buy a 01' romeo to build up (planning to m112 swap it)

well about two weeks ago my intake cracked and i spent three days trying to make my pi swap intake work. but it kept leaking, i said screw it and decided just do a full pi swap.

I have some major back problems so its been slow, but i'm getting there!

right now I have my driver side head off, and am working on the passanger side.

I have to make a trip tomorrow to the stealership to get the coolant tube, nipple, and water pump gasket.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (0)

Keep at it Hunter! I'll be able to help when I have time to get down there. Are you still having trouble getting the starter off?

Not that it matters, but it's an 02 Romeo lol

My Autocross Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/ModularCal?gl=SG&hl=en-GB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal 87 View Post
Keep at it Hunter! I'll be able to help when I have time to get down there. Are you still having trouble getting the starter off?

Not that it matters, but it's an 02 Romeo lol

OMG ITS CAL!!!!!!! WASAAPP MAN!!!!

I am actually, I cant get my hand up in there because my car is lame and has an auto tranny.

I got the bolt out of the passanger side on top, but my o2 sensor is blocking the other, and i dont have a wrench big enough to fit over the o2.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

If you have the top starter bolt out you're fine. Get a couple long extensions along with a swivel joint and you can get them by going through the front of the k member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1999 Black 35th Anniversary Edition GT #2803/4628 (wrecked. waiting on the money tree to grow)

2001 True Blue "V6" (semi-sleeper junk box with a drive train and interior swap)
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #5

Garage
trust me, I had been trying that.

we finally got it out today!

then it took us 3 is hours to get the last exhaust bolt out.

for some reason it would not break loose. it took a 200 lb man leaning on the breaker bar and me pulling it as hard as i could to get it to break loose.

after that, it took 2 seconds to lift the head off, its now sitting headless waiting for its pi stuff!

hopefully putting it back together is alot faster then taking it apart!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #6

That's crazy! Maybe it's because I've had car apart more then I would like, or that I know all the little tricks by now, but it's never taken me that long to get the starter out.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1999 Black 35th Anniversary Edition GT #2803/4628 (wrecked. waiting on the money tree to grow)

2001 True Blue "V6" (semi-sleeper junk box with a drive train and interior swap)
Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #7

Garage
the problem was i couldnt find the bolt, and get the right combo of extensions and swivels.

with this swap I'm also hoping to add steeda UDP's,UPR offroad X, a stack racing 75mm TB and C&L plenum.

Last edited by copmagnet94; 04-09-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #8

Garage
well today was my bday, and i didnt have alot of time to work on it, but i did install the pi coolant nipple and water pump w/ oring. then cleaned up the head mating surfaces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement