Flowmaster super 44 VS Original 40 series - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum > Modular Tech Forums > GT & SOHC

Corral.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #1

Trader Feedback: (0)

Flowmaster super 44 VS Original 40 series

I currently have an MRT O/R h pipe and and a original 40 series flowmaster catback..thinking about switching to super 44 looking for a much deeper sound specially on the inside of the car...would I notice enough difference to make it worth while?? thanks for any info..I've always heard that super 44 is deeper sounding but never heard it in person...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #2

Trader Feedback: (8)

I have the super 44's on mine, it is deeper. After i switched from 40 series to super 44's i couldnt tell a difference that much, but after a month or two i guess the muffler started to "break in" cause i could really tell a difference compared to my buddy's cars.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #3

Trader Feedback: (1)

a lot less drone, i had 40's on my first stang and they sound about the same.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #4

Trader Feedback: (76)

Garage
^^ there is no packing material to break in...

Mac Flowpath's are deep... check that and Spintech

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #5

Trader Feedback: (4)

I agree with 02gtfromky, after i put them on my 02gt they progressively got louder. but they do sound bitchin
Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #6

Trader Feedback: (8)

I dunno what it is, i know they dont have any packing, but after a while they got louder. Its a deep loud but it has the raspy/kackle sound. I love um!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gtfromky View Post
I dunno what it is, i know they dont have any packing, but after a while they got louder. Its a deep loud but it has the raspy/kackle sound. I love um!

Definitely worth upgrading to the Super 44's!!! Will give you a lot deeper and throatier sound! The deceleration sound is awesome too! When you downshift and rev the RPM's up the sound is sick!!...Gives you a deep loud crackling noise that sounds amazing!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #8

Trader Feedback: (23)

i wonder if that 'krackiling' sound is exclusive to the modular cars? im geting ready to buy some 3" flowmaster but not looking for that drone of the original 40's and def. dont want a 'krackling' sound...
FORD STROKERS #1 in customer service and customer satisfaction!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #9

Trader Feedback: (2)

My Ultraflow's give a very smooth yet aggressively pleasent decel. sound... Got drop something outta the mid pipe though, the around town acceleration sounds like a friggin 6 banger.

1996 Mustang GT 5spd - PI Cams, Bassani OR X pipe, Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers, C&L plenum with 75mm TB, K&N FIPK, PIAA 1700X foglamps.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #10

Trader Feedback: (23)

bump any one else with info??
FORD STROKERS #1 in customer service and customer satisfaction!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #11

Trader Feedback: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie356 View Post
i wonder if that 'krackiling' sound is exclusive to the modular cars? im geting ready to buy some 3" flowmaster but not looking for that drone of the original 40's and def. dont want a 'krackling' sound...
I run super 44's on my 95 GT and they sound awesome. Very little drone and sound wicked in my opinion. I run them with long tubes and an x-pipe. I have heard the 3" Flowmaster kit on many cars as well and it sounds great. You won't be disappointed with it...
Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
Jerry Rigger, Inc.

44's all the way.

or violators
Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #13

Trader Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck268 View Post
My Ultraflow's give a very smooth yet aggressively pleasent decel. sound... Got drop something outta the mid pipe though, the around town acceleration sounds like a friggin 6 banger.

haha yeah i love mine but ya gotta get on it to really hear them though, sounds great on spray.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #14

I have the Super 44's and I LOVE THEM! They are deep and I have been told on numerous occasions that my Bullitt sounds like a 60's model muscle car.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #15

I thought everybody hated Flowlessbastard's and ran 500+$ Borla's and Magnaflows so they can be "different"(in their Mustang )?!?!?!?!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #16

Garage
i dont like flows... not because im gonna argue they dont "flow" well or that they dont sound good. IMO though they sound generic.
My car had flow 40's on it when i bought it, it sounded good but the hollowness just isnt my liking. Im much happier with my MAC flowpaths, much deeper through the revs.
and now im changing those to something louder. CherryBomb Extreme

04 GT - Comp Orange - John Tymensky Boss Block/3.80 stroker, Foxlake TFS', Hellion kit w/ Comp CT5 Turbo, MM cage, Team Z/MM suspension
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #17

Trader Feedback: (15)

I got out of my Flowmaster 40 Delta Flows, which were after the origional 40s, to go to a full Borla catback. I previously had the Flows welded into the stock pipes. I went with Borla, not to be different, but to cut some of the drone and dB. I love my Borlas. They give the car a sportier sound and not so harsh and loud. And i can actually sneak through a neighborhood at 11:00pm withough worrying like i did with the Flows. Idle is just as quiet as stock.

I say anything but SLPs. I cant stand how annoying SLPs sound. Its like the ricer annoying level of exhaust but now for your Mustang. There is no tone or character just open, loud, abnoxiuous noise.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #18

I've got MAC Flowpaths, definitley prefer them to the flows as sound goes

Last edited by john98; 11-22-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #19

What do these sound like compared to MAC/40/44's ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBJrzpcVYA
Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #20

killin those cones, What exhaust are you running?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by john98 View Post
killin those cones, What exhaust are you running?
No cone contact, all clean.

They're Pype's LT's, O/R muffler shop bent up H-pipe, "Mellow Tone" mufflers dumped/point back at rear tires.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #22

Trader Feedback: (15)

Im running Pypes LTs with a Pypes o/r H and then to Borlas. I ran dumps on my Flowmaster 40 deltas back when i had stock manifolds and a Pypes o/r X, and man talk about drone. You couldnt think. So then i had the stock tail pipes welded back on.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #23

How is the sound difference between the Super 40 vs Original 40s, Deltaflow 40s, or Super 44s? I notice the new American Thunder catbacks have the Super 40s. Anyone heard the American Thunder in stainless? Any sound difference between the stainless and the aluminized?
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCANGL View Post
and now im changing those to something louder. CherryBomb Extreme
Ohh I hate those... I've never heard them on a 2v before but all the vatos around here run'em on their trucks & lowriders & it sounds like crap IMO.

I like my 30 year old 40 series flows w/ turn downs. My exhaust only goes to the rear axle. LT's w/ no cats, stock h, it was super loud w/ stg 2 heads n cams. I dont remember any crackling from my exhaust. I hate that sound as well when people just rev it up and it cracks on the way down
Old 11-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2GT View Post
No cone contact, all clean.

They're Pype's LT's, O/R muffler shop bent up H-pipe, "Mellow Tone" mufflers dumped/point back at rear tires.
good job dude. nice, it sounds really good. I'd love some LTs one day but i just got my O/R H pipe done and im not looking forward to messing with it again for a while. DUMPS FTW
Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #26

Trader Feedback: (4)

Want a deeper sound in the cabin? Just dump your current flows. Wish I wouldn't have done that lol.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 559MMR950GT View Post
Ohh I hate those... I've never heard them on a 2v before but all the vatos around here run'em on their trucks & lowriders & it sounds like crap IMO.

yea its a risk for sure... i wanted SpinTech Super Pro-Streets but i got a really good deal on these, so ima try em. Ive never heard them, and if i dont like em ill go ahead and spring for the SpinTechs.

I'll def post soundclips when i get them on...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement